Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD SE Endcaps - will they fit standard Rinehart slip-ons?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Navitimer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD SE Endcaps - will they fit standard Rinehart slip-ons?

Hi all,

Like some others, the black anodized end caps on my Rinehart slip-ons have turned colors. Mine right end cap has turned a nasty bronze color. Instead of messing with the Rinehart replacements which seem to have mixed reviews (based on what I've read here), I'm considering other options. Has anyone fit the HD Screaming Eagle end caps on their Rinehart slip-ons? Not sure if they'd fit, but they have some nice looking designs. Any thoughts from the forum? Thanks!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:58 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HD SE Endcaps - will they fit standard Rinehart slip-ons?

Don't think so.... However... EASTERN PERFORMANCE CYCLES - is selling EPC Chrome End Caps that will fit Rinehart Exhaust on E-Bay... 3 or 4 different styles... Was looking to replace mine again on the '01
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EPC-R...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 09-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Navitimer
Cruiser

Thanks SoCal Pappy for the heads-up! I justordered some from EPC, although I got the slash cut chrome caps. Hopefully they'll look great. That being said, they can't look worse than a Rinehart end cap that's turned orange!

Old 09-08-2007, 07:37 PM
HarlyFan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Navitimer

Thanks SoCal Pappy for the heads-up! I justordered some from EPC, although I got the slash cut chrome caps. Hopefully they'll look great. That being said, they can't look worse than a Rinehart end cap that's turned orange!
Please post some pics ASAP I am also interested in the Slash to mount facing up intead of out or down. I will be interested to hear about the Quality. As popular as the Rineharts are I am surprised there isn't any other caps available?

Old 09-08-2007, 08:10 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

why not just get the rinehart replacement chrome end caps.

Old 09-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Navitimer
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: MACK

Hi Mack, After my frustrations in dealing with the warranty department at Bub/Rinehart, I'm avoiding their products in the future. Hopefully the quality of their chrome caps is better than the black caps;however their poor service has convinced menot to risk it. I'd rather take my chances with another brand.

Old 09-08-2007, 10:38 PM
HarlyFan
Tourer

ORIGINAL: MACK

Hi Mack, After my frustrations in dealing with the warranty department at Bub/Rinehart, I'm avoiding their products in the future. Hopefully the quality of their chrome caps is better than the black caps;however their poor service has convinced menot to risk it. I'd rather take my chances with another brand.
I am just looking for something a little different. The Rineharts are so popular and they all look alike. Change can be good!

Old 09-09-2007, 08:24 AM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

As someone posted earlier this week, the Rineharts are a "ME TOO" piece for Harleys

It's you money and your bike, get what works for you.

Ride Em Carry Em

Old 09-15-2007, 01:53 PM
Navitimer
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: HarlyFan

Please post some pics ASAP I am also interested in the Slash to mount facing up intead of out or down. I will be interested to hear about the Quality. As popular as the Rineharts are I am surprised there isn't any other caps available?
Here you go HarlyFan. I received them this week and popped them on. I like the way they look, and their quality appears to be top notch! I struggled with whether to go slash-up or slash-down; however you can see where I ended up!

Old 09-16-2007, 08:22 AM
HarlyFan
Tourer

ORIGINAL: HarlyFan

Here you go HarlyFan. I received them this week and popped them on. I like the way they look, and their quality appears to be top notch! I struggled with whether to go slash-up or slash-down; however you can see where I ended up!

Navitmer,
Thanks for the pics I think they look GREAT! I have always liked the slash up look because it follows the lines on the back of the saddlebags. How long did it take to receive them and does the quality of the chrome look good? I am ready to order mine now...........

Quick Reply: HD SE Endcaps - will they fit standard Rinehart slip-ons?