Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn fuel-door gadget mount

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 01:30 AM
Uncle Fester
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyn fuel-door gadget mount

One of Kury's coming-soon items - areplacement FLH/FLTR fuel door with a chromed permanent-mountamps pattern gizmo mount.Looks very interesting; gets the gadgets off the handlebars and on centerline.

Originally posted this over at the Zumo forum. Not sure how well it'll work with the big, heavy Zumo, but definitely looks perfect for smaller XM/Sirius, iPods, etc.

Check it here.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:06 AM
chornbe
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Kuryakyn fuel-door gadget mount

HAH! I was just getting ready to order a new fuel door so I could drill it for RAM ball mounts.

Great minds...

Old 10-02-2007, 07:37 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Good concept but where you gonna run the wires????

Old 10-02-2007, 10:32 PM
jlelliott
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: chornbe

HAH! I was just getting ready to order a new fuel door so I could drill it for RAM ball mounts.

Great minds...
Interesting product. I have often thought about using the door as a foundation for some type of accessory mount.

I think a RAM ball on the door would be a heck of a lot easier to live with (visually)when the GPS is not on the bike than having to look at this bracket all the time. Unless, of course,the bracket is removable in which case all you would have to look at are the "horns" that receive the bracket. This is only true for those of us who do not care to have the GPS on the bike all of the time. I power my ZUMO with the cigarette plug so that I can completely remove all traces of the GPS from the bike when I am not using it.

Additionally, it would seem that a RAM mount on the fuel door would provide more adjustability options than this mount. You could choose the length of RAM arm for example.

If you do decide to drill a fuel door for use with a RAM mount how about posting a few photos of it?

Old 10-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Uncle Fester
Tourer

I had the same thought - this isn't something for those who only use gadgets occasionally. I'd go for it with the Zumo since I always have it on the bike and it seems more secure and less thief-able than the RAM mount I'm using now.I like the idea of having it on centerline, just for ease of use, and then it's not blocking any of the gauges or speakers. Routing the snake-nest of wires off it (power, audio, XM antenna) will be a challenge, but I think it can work. I have all those wires routed along the handlebars into the fairing right now anyway, so it's just a matter of finding a way to route the rest of the wires so they don't get pinched or streched when the bars are fully deflected. A challenge, but not un-doable.

Puttinga RAMbase on the fuel door is an interesting idea. I'd like to see how it comes out, too.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:38 AM
rome304
Road Warrior

looks a little clustered for that area on buke

Old 10-05-2007, 12:26 PM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Very Interesting (spoken in our best Artie Johnson voice)