Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

McCuff Gas Filler with Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 05:00 PM
HDriven
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: McCuff Gas Filler with Ultra

Incidentally, YES it does fill to the top on the first click, easy.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:52 PM
vanlente
Advanced

I have an Ultra. Yes the Ca pumps are harder then some because they have the obnoxious EPA boot. I bought the McCuff and used it once. Not to beat on someone that tries to make a bone or two but its just a pain to remember to pull this out of your bag and then to put it back in when you are done...but I will say it worked as advertised. Me I just get close to fill up and then slow it way way down. 10-15 minutes Cheese Head, that's crazy. Maybe I don't get all six but chances are great that I'll be stopping around 200 miles to let liquids in or let em out. My 2cents

Old 03-24-2009, 07:17 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HDriven
I have one too. I like it. Overall a great idea. The answer is it does work great for the Ultra, especially the Ultra because of the unique way to fill it up. It's not just the spilling, it's the constant clicking of the pump that it helps.

The other answer is no it isn't hard to carry, because it comes with a carry bag that attaches anywhere. Also, it doesn't keep fuel on it, because strangely when gas hits the material this thing is made of, it vaporizes instantly.

cwilks, you are in Missouri, and they may not have those P.I.T.A. nozzles that you need to watch because of the EPA stuff on them. Take a ride outta state and you'll see what we mean.

Quite a simple yet helpful little device.

Kenny D.
+1, I use one and like it. My City requires the use of Hi Pressure pumps that You cannot control the pressure of the fuel coming out. After trying numerous ways to fill the tank, I tried the McCuff, and it worked the best. When I go to places where HP pumps are'nt used I don't use the McCuff Because I can control the fuel pressure and never spill a drop.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:23 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a McCuff, and don't find it very useful. I get about the same amount of gas with or without it, and have to force feed the last half gallon or so. Pull the trigger, release. Wait for it to drain in.... repeat.

Why are gas pumps all or nothing on the flow? Why can't you just trickle in the last bit?

Old 03-24-2009, 07:26 PM
Bill G
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

I have one and it works great, just like they say. Harley also has one for the same price in Harley orange with the HD emblem on it $19.95 retail. Follow the instructions like they say and you will love it. No gas spills, fills on first click and works great on California EPA pump nozzles.

Ride Safe,
Bill G

Attached Thumbnails  McCuff Gas Filler with Ultra-harley-pics-all-done-017.jpg  

Last edited by Bill G; 03-24-2009 at 07:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by socalmoe
Dude either contribute posively or just read and go on, just as you dont have a problem (good for you) others are just merely asking for ideas/suggestions!
Actually, the original question was asking what we think about this gas filling gimmick.

I'd like to officially join a few of the others and say that this gismo is a stupid PITA idea. I must have got lucky and bought a good Ultra, TWICE, because I have NEVER had a problem gassing up. If I'm in a "boot" state like CA, then I just pull the boot up with my fingers and friggen pay attention. I'm not even a Rocket Surgeon..

BTW, it would be a boring forum if all that was allowed was positive comments.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:32 PM
flhtupser
Tourer

I start with the nozzle deeper in the tank and when it cuts off I raise the nozzle to the top and stop when she gurgles. Not a spill yet. I agree it would be easy to overfill with this unit not being able to see the hole.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:59 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't have any problmes, just fill at a medium pace and when it hits the overflow, it cuts off. ease a little more in and on my way. No smelly part to keep up with either.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:55 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by socalmoe
Best $20 I have spent on by scoot, clean fill to the top. I highly recommed it. Bought it at the Love Ride in So Cal.
The napkin/rag mess got old specially after a nice detail job on the bike.
Get it!
The '08's are the first I know that have a "gasoline volcano" issue when you fill up.

That said -- I've not had a volcano since I got the McCuff.

THAT said -- My buddy has an '07 and doesn't have a problem, period. Another buddy with an '06, same thing. Another buddy with an '08, gas geyser (until he also got the new 'HD branded' McCuff).

Old 03-25-2009, 01:39 AM
HDriven
Novice

Love the mccuff for my Harley. Yeah it works great for the Ultra.

What some people may have miscontrued here is that you don't have to be looking when you fill up with this thing because it (a) holds the vapor boot up for you and (b) it keeps the stream flowing steady without clicking until the gas level reaches the top and you are filled up all the way, then the nozzle clicks off automatically without you having to look in your tank every few seconds to see where the level is.

quick and easy, it does what it says it claims to do. not a bad way to drop $19

comes with a bag to carry it easily too in case you were wondering (like me) where you are going to put it.

good invention.

j.

Quick Reply: McCuff Gas Filler with Ultra