Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does youre local harley service department suck

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 05:44 AM
dfirecpt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: does youre local harley service department suck

I have to play nice and found that they'll go the extra mile if you treat them the way you would want to be treated.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:49 AM
Forget About It
Banned

still a close poll keep them coming guys

Old 02-05-2008, 08:08 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 311 Likes on 181 Posts

YES! They are pathetic and I will never return again. Capital City Harley, Tallahassee, FL. I'd drive a couple of hundred miles before I drive 1 to see them again.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:19 AM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only problem I have with my dealer is their unwillingness to offer up discounts on either parts & accessories and/or service/labor. They charge what's in the book across the board on everything.

I've never had any problems (yet.../knocks on wood and /crosses fingers) from the service dept. Then again I haven't needed to take the bike in for any major repairs.

Bike is always detailed and cleaned before I pick it up.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:37 AM
dexterdave
Cruiser

I got back into motorcycling last year (after 35yrs of no riding at all) and purchased my bike, used, from a nearby HD dealer..It's been in the shop twice(prep for purch and 10K chk)(5+ weeks each time)and all my worst nightmares came true..The techs were very good but the rest of the staff were a bunch of inept dbags..

Old 02-05-2008, 09:13 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

two dealerships owned by the same person -- it's like orange and green -- one has great service Stone Mountain HD the other has a lot to be desired Granite Mountain.

Granite has snotty parts people, mech's ask you "will it work"., and general attitude problem.

on the other hand Stone Mountain -- nice people, good mechanics they must read this forum do excellent work and bike is not scratched up when you get it back.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:02 AM
bobbyg12
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tatt2dave

THIS SHOULD BE A FUN POLL
[sm=popcorn.gif]

Mine's a keeper (for now).

Old 02-05-2008, 10:11 AM
DrawDown
Road Master

No problems at all with The Woodlands HD.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:15 AM
nj08SEUltra
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts

Nothing but good service department experienceswith Williams Harley-Davidson, Lebanon, NJ. Responsive and work done right the first time, includingeverything from routine service to addition of SE 6 speed tranny on '06. Also, Phil (Chrome Consultant) and Don (parts) are top drawer.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:34 AM
gene01
Road Captain

The only dealer service that I have ever had was 3 1000 mile service and 2 warranty repairs, when I get a new bike, the dealer does my first service, then they never see the bike again anless it needs warranty work, one of the warranty repairs was a flat tire where they within 1 hour had a new rear tire mounted, balanced and ready to go....... the othere, they scratched and dented my tank, bike was a month old, the manager of the service dept came out, got me, walked me into service, showed me the damage, said he would have it buffed out so that I could ride it and it not look bad until the next week when he would have a new replacement tank to install, took 15 days to get the tank and he called me to tell me that the next morning, said it was on back order.... in 15 days, he called asked when it would be convenient asked if I needed a ride or wif I wanted to wait while they replaced it, I waited, it took about an hour, they bought me a soda, offered to buy me lunch and everything was handled quickly and professionally..I was impressed... I still do all of my own service, the price is out of line there....

Quick Reply: does youre local harley service department suck