Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does youre local harley service department suck

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Orion1369
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: does youre local harley service department suck

My dealer parts department is pretty good but the service department is why I know own a lift and do my own work. Had several bad dealings with them in the past. They have changed personnel since I was last in there but haven't had to use them. The next closest dealer is 2 hours away so they pretty much have the area to themselves.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:08 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely no problems with any part of Chattachoochee HD of Columbus - The Hooch

Hack

Old 02-04-2008, 09:27 PM
captsam54
Road Master

ORIGINAL: FX4

My purchase dealer was an absolute nightmare. If you live in SW Florida you can figure it out. They are absolutely beyond awful for anything. My bike would always leave with something broke that had nothing to do with the service I had performed. They even put someone elses bags on my bike that were broke. They sold me Rineharts and could never tune the bike properly all while insisting all that was needed was the Harley download - NOT. Thankfully I have moved to an area with much better dealers that know what they are doing
Yep the Naples Harley service dept sucks Bad.. Taking parts off bikes.. Scratches Lies etc.
Never Never use them.. We have a better place that we go to when in need of service or repairs we can't do.... "Everglades"

Old 02-04-2008, 09:35 PM
sharkeydude
Road Master

After this weekend I would be tempted to say yes. But, that is "yes they suck" to some of the dumba$$ policies the MOCO has in place. All the guys are great and do a knockout job. No freebees though, but, I don't like capable people coming to where I work looking for a free ride either So, I would say they do a great job.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Streetglider2357
Intermediate

Heart of Dixie in Pelham, AL is one of the good ones. I have established a good relationship with the Service Manager and haven't had a problem. Gets my bike in and out when I need it.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Bigredone
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Granite Mountain in GA Double Sucks! The parent company, Stone Mountain Harley, sucks even more. They just don't take care of their customers and do sloppy work!

Got me a good indy shop now and they will never get another dime from me.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:47 PM
HDChloe
Road Captain

Dillion Brothers in Omaha, Nebraska. I have bought my last 3 HDs from them. I love them so much if they wanted my first born I would probably give it to them.

Good service, good sales, hottie girls up front. What else do you need?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:14 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

The service dept at my local dealer dont get much work out of me, but when it comes to something I dont have the tools for, or just something I dont want to get into....I let them do it. They also have a fantastic dyno tuner. When you bring the bike in, its gone over with a fine tooth comb....the brake pad material is noted and tire tread depth is also noted. They also take note of any and all scratches....and everything is written on the work order before you sign it.
I do all the maintenance stuff myself, but when I have my stage-1 done on my Street Glide, I will let them do it and dyno tune it....and I will also let them do the 1000 mile service. Sometimes it pays to develop a relationship with the service dept, and thats why once in a while I will throw them a bone and let them do some service work.
There are about 6 or 7 HD dealers within less then 50 miles of my home....so the competition it tough, and each of the service departments knows its fighting for every customer it can get....so they do need to "do the right thing" or people will just go down the road to the next dealer or a independent shop. So far Bergen County HD has been above average in all departments.....and their dyno guy is way above.....as is the inventory and knowledge of the parts dept and staff.
I always tell people to find a dealer where the service dept is good, because a large part of the entire HD experience will hinge on that alone.....you dont deal with the sales dept but a few times over the years....you dont deal with the parts dept too much unless you do your own work....but the service dept...you HAVE to deal with......so you MUST fine a quality one.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

My local dealer, where I buy my bikes from, is top drawer also. hampton Roads HD is a multi year 'gold bar and shield dealer'. This is an award given based on customer satisfaction and very few dealers achieve gold level status. My service manager is a former HD drag racer and I have NEVER heard him say 'that is normal'. I have heard him say a lot of bikes do that but we can fix it...The one time they screwed up my service job, they went over the top, picked my bike up at my house and returned it 4 hours later in a closed trailer fixed with free goodies. I encourage anyone in the area to give them a try for service, parts or bike purchases.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:36 PM
rock92
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

my local is worthless. all the sales guys are sleeze ***** for a myriad of reasons. their service is just as bad. they rotate people in and out of there like girls at the pole bar. can't be good for building experience. the only reason i bought my bike there was because they were the only ones remotely close that had the color i wanted the day the crates were busted open on the 07s.

i go up the road a little to another dealer for anything. they are awesome and will bend over backwards to help you out. they will even take you home and pick you up if you need to drop your bike off. their service techs have been there since the xla days..lol

im sure anyone who lives near me can easily identify the two dealers im referring to. its a shame to see it be that way.

Quick Reply: does youre local harley service department suck