Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want or have a DD6 installed but know one knows??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 10:56 AM
old95
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Want or have a DD6 installed but know one knows??

As we were putting the DD6 Baker in my bike I noticed that with the HD chrome installed there would be no indication, none,that the bike was now a baker 6 speed. I can not speak for you, but with that much expense I did want some indication of such. (Understandably no right side clutch covers for 04s have "6 speed" on them) I got a hold of www.chromefusion.net out in Las Vegas, sent them my stock cover by fedx and they were able to quickly turn around the part pictured at a very fair price. Because they are a "hand" engraving house, there is really no part they can not work on. Thought I'd just pass along the info.

Old 10-01-2009, 09:25 AM
bbanks
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad Idea dealing with Chromefusion, total rip off.

Warning! Do not send ChromeFusion any of your money. ChromeFusion motorcycle hand engraved parts at www.chromefusion.com is a total rip off.
Today is September 22, 2009 and I ordered parts about 6 months ago from ChromeFusion and now all I want is my money back.
Here is the story,
We paid ChromeFusion $310.00 for a custom hand engraved derby cover and timer cover six months ago. These people are thieves, ChromeFusion told us, they hand engrave all of their motorcycle parts and it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get these Harley Davidson motorcycle derby cover and timer cover completed. Joyce Steiner is the head thief we have been talking to and she sent us a couple of mark ups of what our parts will look like. We wanted something very simple, the Trucker Girl. The Trucker Girl has been around for about fifty years and just about everyone knows what she should look like. After a couple of emails back and forth we finally sent Joyce a picture of the Trucker Girl and told her we wanted it to look exactly like this. She agreed to it and took our money.
Well, after about 4 months of my wife talking to Joyce on the phone and through email, she told me that she wasn't getting anywhere with Joyce. Joyce kept telling her that the motorcycle parts were on the way or they were about to be mailed. Joyce even told my wife how beautiful the derby cover and timer cover were. Seriously 4 months of lies. I don't know how anyone in this company sleeps at night. That's about when we realized that they hadn't even started on those "Hand engraved motorcycle parts". That's also when I realized I needed to take over.
It's been about six months now, we finally received the Derby cover in the mail. The regular mail. It took another 8 days for the package to get to us, and believe it or not even after all that my wife went through with ChromeFusion she was still very excited waiting for her parts to show up. They did 8 days later. My wife opened the box and realized that one of the parts was missing. That's right, Joyce told us that she was mailing the derby cover and the timer cover and all we received was the derby cover.
This company, ChromeFusion has lead us on for 6 months telling us lie after lie. They finally send us one part in the mail, and believe me, the only reason they sent it to us, is because I was relentless in getting them motivated, only to find out that they had lied to us yet again.
Ok, now let's talk about the quality of work that ChromeFusion is putting out. Horrible work! Absolutely nothing like the picture we agreed on. Even if they were very prompt in completing the job and sent everything to you quickly, it still isn't worth the trouble, but the fact is at least in my case, you won't get anything for 6 months, maybe not at all.
Oh, and there are other complaints about ChromeFusion out there, I start a list here:
First and foremost is the Better Business Bureau Rating which is an "F", the worst possible rating a business can get.
Next is the Ebay Store I guess they were cheating so many people on Ebay they must have been forced to close.
here is where the Google link use to go. Chrome Fusion eBay Online Store - eBay - New & used electronics ...
Now, let's here it from the people:
http://lasvegas.citywaboo.com/busine...9118-2226.html
http://blogs.hotbikeweb.com/6565988/...ers/index.html
http://lasvegas.citywaboo.com/index.php
This company has two websites, ChromeFusion.com, ChromeFusionStore.com and I found out that they also sell under another name "Austin Steiner Horn Covers". The ChromeFusionStore.com must be where they just steal your money with out ever having to even talk to you.
At the bottom of their website it also says, "Presented by Sanjoy Motorcycle Engraving". I still don't know who Sanjoy is.
Do yourself a favor stay away from these people.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Iamopie2
Cruiser

Sick burn

Old 10-01-2009, 01:46 PM
gunnert
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bbanks, remind me to never rip you off! Seriously, thanks for the informative post. When I get ripped off (which isn't very often) I'm not too hard on the buisness/person I'm dealing with. But, I use every opportunity to tell everyone I know what a pr__k this outfit was! Again, thanks.

Attached Thumbnails  Want or have a DD6 installed but know one knows??-p5070287.jpg  
Old 10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sadly, the information was only a year & 1/2 late for the original poster's question....???....

Old 10-01-2009, 03:32 PM
07RoadHawg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I smell a troll. 15 posts and they are all negative about chromefusion. I appreciate a heads up as much as the next guy, but seriously.....

Old 10-01-2009, 04:35 PM
bbanks
Novice

Originally Posted by matrix5
I smell a troll. 15 posts and they are all negative about chromefusion. I appreciate a heads up as much as the next guy, but seriously.....
Ok Matrix5, if it was your $310.00 what would you do?

My last email to Chromefusion was to inform them that if I did not receive a refund I would tell the world what they are all about. I had already posted to one forum one time and knew that few would see that post.

The world needs to know. Chromefusion is in several threads and alot of people will only read one thread. I just want to make sure they read the right thread.

Businesses like this should not be able to stay in business. Wait till you get burned and you'll see.