Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zanottis Internet Sales Disruption

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Crusher
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zanottis Internet Sales Disruption

I have spent a few thousand dollars with Zanotti in the past several months and can't praise their service and shipping enough.

Today I was conversing with Vanessa on their online chat network attempting to get some part numbers that aren't available in the Parts and Accessory Catalog. She wasn't being very helpful and then sent me this.........

We are temporarily halting Internet sales, especially international sales. The extra paper work it takes and the volume of sales are forcing us to cut back. We will be unable to do any research for any part numbers. The shopping cart will still be running. We will take care of the sales already pending and will continued doing some sales. We decided this because there are only a couple of us doing the Internet and our health and families are suffering. We will resume once the company hires and trains more people. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, but we trust you will understand.

Management

So for the time being I'll be looking at some of their internet competition. Hope they work it out soon. They've been excellent to deal with until now.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Sleeps In Trees
Road Master
Default RE: Zanottis Internet Sales Disruption

Yep, I had an order first of the week & needed to ask about in stock availability; no phone for internet sales & back & forth email correspondence wasa total clusterphuck. I think they are trying but just way short-handed &overwelmed. I wound up finally cancelling my order via email...

I've had nothing but great service from Zanotti's up till then, I sure hope they get their schitt back together.

VicW.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:16 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good news for their competitors. Maybe their competitors were flooding them with bogus orders and drove them over the edge and into bad health.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:18 PM
TheBlackBastard
Tourer

You might want to try Chicago Harley for similar prices.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:20 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master

Try Chicago HD. Nothing but excellent service and pricing from them.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Bluerose

Hmmm sounds like they are a bit overloaded [&:]

Old 05-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Rodman813
Road Captain

I've only dealt with Chicago Harley myself...........BUT, when I was introduced to Chicago HD and Zanotti's, I was under the impression that you shouldn't call, or couldn't getthe discount if you called for part numbers. You just had to know what you wanted and placed the order....

So, whenever I've dealt with them, I had my numbers ready. So, I didn't know you could even callthem for part numbers...........Maybe I was/am in thedark!!!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:33 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't know about calling for part numbers, but you almost have to call them to make sure they have the parts in stock. If they're not in stock you can end up waiting two weeks or more for your parts.

ORIGINAL: Rodman813

I've only dealt with Chicago Harley myself...........BUT, when I was introduced to Chicago HD and Zanotti's, I was under the impression that you shouldn't call, or couldn't getthe discount if you called for part numbers. You just had to know what you wanted and placed the order....

So, whenever I've dealt with them, I had my numbers ready. So, I didn't know you could even callthem for part numbers...........Maybe I was/am in thedark!!!!!

Old 05-01-2008, 02:46 PM
Crusher
Road Master

I've never had to call for part numbers before as I have found everything I needed in the catalog.

I needed the part number for the complete LH saddlebag unit and that isn't in the catalog. I also need the two brackets that bolt to the frame and hold the bag. Not in the catalog either that I could find. Can't order it if I don't have the numbers. Sent e-mail and did get a response from Tim the same day.

I still prefer use Lanotti as they are closer to me then Chicago and I save on shipping.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:51 PM
cboehme
Advanced

I'm not sure if you're talking about Chicago or Zanotti's, but Zanotti's keeps a pdf file up to date with latest parts on hand and another for backorder parts. I too hope they get things fixed because I do the most business with them. I've also heard good things about ordering from Hale's HD (20% discount) in Mansfield Oh.

[quote]ORIGINAL: petemac

Don't know about calling for part numbers, but you almost have to call them to make sure they have the parts in stock. If they're not in stock you can end up waiting two weeks or more for your parts.

Quick Reply: Zanottis Internet Sales Disruption