Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer kidnapped my bike!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 02:16 PM
russl179
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Dealer kidnapped my bike!

+1 to request a loaner...

Old 05-29-2008, 02:28 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Like oldhippie said you gotta have two bikes man,even if it's a Honda.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:54 PM
rborsholm
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FastHoss... Too funny, I have my Glide and also my VTX !

Old 05-29-2008, 03:23 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts

Here's an idea - how about we start a thread about outlandish bulls**t dealears HAVEN'T pulled yet! I bet it would be a short one!!

John

Old 05-29-2008, 03:29 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it were me, I'd be mad as hell by now, and I'd start playing hardball. You paid a lot of moneyfor a new bike, and havegiven them more than a reasonable amount of time to resolve your isse.First, I would politely request the dealer release my bike while they order the part, or provide me with a loaner free of charge. If they said no, then I'd demand they put it in writing why they could not do so. Your problem would most likely end right there because they would not want the liability of putting something on paper that could hurt them in court.

At the same time, I would also call HD customer service at (414) 343-4056. Open a case and request daily updates.Keep calling every day, and ask to speak tothe supervisorif you don't get satisfaction.Also speak with the owner of the delearship. Give him a written request stating you either want your bike or a loaner, as well as compensation for loss of enjoyment from your new purchase. Explain your next steps will be to contact a lawyer, as well as notify the consumer advocate at the local TV station. Don't get mad and scream and holler, just keep putting the pressure on them.

I know one person who had similar treatment from a car dealership, they screwed her around big time. She finally stood out in front of the dealership on Saturday with a big sign saying how much they sucked. Boom, owner came out and apologized and got the problem fixed. Just make sure you stay on public property.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:33 PM
rherwerth
6th Gear

that does suck. A few years back I took my 04 road king in for a service and the dealership wrecked it during a test ride. Tank, fenders, mirrors etc etc... Everything had to be redone. Let me say that there was zero sense of urgency on getting parts, giving me a loner or making me feel part of the family . HD put it all on the dealer, and the dealer put it all on HD. In the end, (about 1 month) I was totally disgusted. With the money you pay for these bikes, they sure dont make you feel like part of the family that they portray...[8D]

Old 05-29-2008, 04:17 PM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer

It sounds like the problem is not so much the dealer, but the main company service department. I've usually find that if I calmly ask for some kind of resolution, such as the loaner, that something can get worked out. I know I'd be pissed, because a loaner is not going to be MY bike. But, if it is a major safety issue you kinda have to go with the flow while letting them know that it is an inconvience and needs to be rectified. If someone gets all childish and screaming, then you are the problem. Taking it calm and firm while letting the dealer know you understand the issues should get them on your side. Even if the loaner isn't my bike, I'd insist that I get something to use. A loaner is better than none at all.

Old 05-29-2008, 04:26 PM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior

Interested to ear more about this turbo'd Trailblazer SS...any pics?

Old 05-29-2008, 04:48 PM
Rodman813
Road Captain

Funny thing is, when you go to pick it up when it's ready they'll say, "we didn't find any problems"!!!!!!!

Typical!!!!!!

Old 05-29-2008, 06:22 PM
sharkeydude
Road Master

I never gave any thought to a "protected part" until now but, it makes sense that they would want to protect it. Maybe you have the one bike with the one fix that could cause a recall on all the 08's and that's why they are holding it. At any rate, the MOCO should offer a loaner to you through the dealership. Curious to hear the end on this one.

Quick Reply: Dealer kidnapped my bike!