Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo for my 08 SERK - opinions/help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 09:31 PM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stereo for my 08 SERK - opinions/help

I have a rumble road set up, but it is just not loud enough at highway speeds when I really want to crank it. I have narrowed things down to three ways to solve my problem but I am having trouble deciding.

1) Dead Center fairing - positives: Great sound just heard it Sat. and I can get a $200 discount at Holister, room to put my oil and volt gauges that I currently have mounted in cups on my nacelle. Negative: Cost $1600 with discount and I am not sure how I will like riding with a fairing?&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; http://www.deadcentercycles.com

2) Road Radio - Positives: have heard good things about them in one or two posts here on hdforums, smaller and no fairing required. $1000 cheaper. Negatives: maybe room to mount gauges on either side of the deck?? Do not know what it sounds like. http://www.motorcitycycle.com/index.htm

3) Add an amp and perhaps more passing light speakers to my crash bar - various people have these any help with who is the best is helpful. Positives:&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; smaller no fairing required, less $$. Negatives not sure what the sound will be like

Even though I have less $$ as a positive twice I really do not want to spend $ twice that would not be a savings.
Let me know what you all think - Thanks in advance!

Old 07-08-2008, 04:52 AM
Gtsdesigns
Road Master
Default RE: Stereo for my 08 SERK - opinions/help

you could add a reasonably priced small amp (like the arc audio mini, 2ch.) and some leg warmers with 6.5" speakers painted to match...

i fiberglassed my lowers but havent put them on yet... anyhow you can check out my system, by clicking the link in my sig... i know you prob dont want anything as extreme as mine, but you can see how i did my lowers...

Old 07-08-2008, 09:19 AM
bikerbehaviorist
Road Master

Thanks I do not think lowers are for me with many 90+ degree days and the 110 motor. I was thinking some speakers in the top of one of these with amp inside detachable ???

http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?c...p\\;s=prod.php

it is the dmy trunks - stupid forum is inserting characters in the url....[:@]

Just wonder if this is worth it send music up in the air not at me???

Old 07-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Gtsdesigns
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bikerbehaviorist

Thanks I do not think lowers are for me with many 90+ degree days and the 110 motor. I was thinking some speakers in the top of one of these with amp inside detachable ???

http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?c...\\\;s=prod.php

it is the dmy trunks - stupid forum is inserting characters in the url....[:@]

Just wonder if this is worth it send music up in the air not at me???

&nbsp\\;
i am putting two 6x9s facing down in my friends detachanle tourpack, so he has plenty of room left over to put some stuff...
&nbsp\\;
music (aside from tweeters) are not as directional as you would think...&nbsp\\; you would prob do ok, putting a couple of 6x9s there, a small amp and some of those speakers that look like lights up front, if you dont want the lowers, would prob sound pretty good and allow you to take off the tourpack when you wanted to...

Old 07-08-2008, 04:56 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont mean to be a smarta**, but trade the king for a glide.... then you have the best of both worlds... tunes and the fairing... just my opinion dont kill the messenger