Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signals for touring pack ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Born2cure
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signals for touring pack ?

I just installed the Complete Turn Signal LED Conversion Kits with the Street Magic Signal Stabilizer and the Street Magic Triple Play Run/Brake/Turn Controller to add running and brake functionality. Now going with the LEDs for the touring pack. Is there any way to make the touring pack lights turn signals with the set up I have.
Thanks

Old 08-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Big Blue Bike
Advanced

Don't know about Street Magic stuff but Ride Time Technologies has a LED turn signal kit for the tour pak that works very well. Should not interfer with what you have already.

BBB

Old 08-23-2008, 08:51 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ridetime Technology has what you want. They are $100 but you can wire them any way you want and they are brighter. I don't have the tour pak lights yet but I will be installing them over the winter. I have some of his other lights and they are bright. It's pretty easy to get Keith on the phone too and he will answer any questions that you have.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:28 AM
AlleyKatt
Cruiser

I installed the Ride Time Tour Pak LED's and hooked them up for the outer led's to blink and the center/inside sets are brake. I got Keith's harness to make the side lights of the tp to blink as turn signals. Keith is a great guy to do business with.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

The TP wiring harness is not seperated by right/left sides, and has run/brake/ground wires. It should be a relatively easy to split the TP's wiring (inside the TP) to create left and right side circuits, and connect those circuits to an HD run/brake/turn signal module by splicing to the module under the seat. I did this with my saddlebag LED/spoilers to add the turn signal function. This was pretty simple since the LED's for each spoiler exits the its saddlebag with a seperate harness. Since the lights in the TP are on a common circuit exiting the TP, the circuits (left/right) would need to be seperated.

If you want a removeable TP, it would be necessary to add a quick disconnect between the TP and bike wiring.

For those using aftermarket solutions like RideTime's, how is the install accomplished?

Last edited by Harleypingman; 08-23-2008 at 09:40 AM.