Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need a push...A BIG PUSH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 09:29 PM
CSA
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a push...A BIG PUSH!!!

Hey Folks!

I am posting because I am having a hard time letting go of my style of riding! I currently ride a Dyna and its a nice ride. It's fast and a great bar hopper. I have been considering upgrading to a Softail. I have been looking at Night Trains and or a Custom. My buddy does a lot of long haul riding and I am really getting the urge to do some long rides. Doing this is not gonna be good on my speed demon. This same buddy is also a wholesaler and can get me a steal deal on just about anything I want. He is REALLY pushing me to get a touring model. Tonight he introduced me to a very SWEET '05 Deluxe. Black and white with 8500 miles. I guess I have some doubts. I am thinking I could go this route with the Deluxe and build a bobber down the road for my adrenalin rush. You fellas that ride the touring or bigger models. Have any of you come from the model I am coming from and do you have any regrets. Pro and Cons! Please I really need some advice. I know I can do some nice custom work and what not. I can really only afford to go with one scoot right now and I very afraid I will regret the purchase. On the other hand long rides I think will be much more enjoyable! Any advice is much appreciated!

Old 08-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Lucky 13
Road Master

Dyna is a nice ride but for long rides, most are more comfortable with wide tires and bags for carrying extra gear. I have a softail and a bagger. When its 200 miles or more the bagger goes. The Deluxe would be a good choise for distance riding

Old 08-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

The road king is very nimble for it's size.
What about a crossbones I know it is not a Touring bike, but I bet it could be a decent long rider.
The road king is the best of both worlds,get a removable shield, and away you can go.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Bluerose

I did a a 1000 the first tour and 1600 mile second tour on a Deluxe had 10 k on it in 1 1/2 years. It was a nice but 3 months after the second tour, I bought an Ultra. And my firt tour on that was 3600 miles!

The Deluxe is a nice bike but honestly if you are more interested in touring you should consider a touring bike. Half the people I know that bought a Deluxe the same time I did now owns a touring bike.

Have you considered a Road King? Good classic looks and fun touring too. The ride is really night and day.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:10 PM
CSA
Road Master

Thanks for the words folks! Yeah I am really looking into hitting the open road. I live in Washington State and I have lots of friends all over the west particularly in Southern California and I am gonna have to make the jump.

Funny Bluerose and BIll! You mentioned the Road King. My buddy has REALLY been pushing me to the Road King. He has had two of them and now how has an Ultra. My problem is my younger rebel alter ego is screaming at me. I have a lot to think about. When I was in my 20's and 30's I rode crotch rockets and then to the Dyna ..........now I am looking at bigger models. I guess that's why they call it evolution!

Thanks for all the input folks!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Bluerose

Originally Posted by CSA
Thanks for the words folks! Yeah I am really looking into hitting the open road. I live in Washington State and I have lots of friends all over the west particularly in Southern California and I am gonna have to make the jump.

Funny Bluerose and BIll! You mentioned the Road King. My buddy has REALLY been pushing me to the Road King. He has had two of them and now how has an Ultra. My problem is my younger rebel alter ego is screaming at me. I have a lot to think about. When I was in my 20's and 30's I rode crotch rockets and then to the Dyna ..........now I am looking at bigger models. I guess that's why they call it evolution!

Thanks for all the input folks!
I actually love the looks of the Deluxe but I find my big Ultra much more nimble then the Deluxe was....go figure. After riding the Ultra or a while I got on a Road King....it was much smaller and lighter then I figured...it was weird.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:59 PM
chipishere
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Road King. Best all around motorcycle Harley makes. Great bar hopper, great on the road for trips. Never regretted buying mine.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:42 AM
malmax
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have had crotch rockets for 20 years...now that I am in my 40's...love my EG classic...added hogtunes rear speakers and a few bells and whistles...although I miss the speed sometimes...I'm to old to outrun the police anymore.

Old 08-26-2008, 07:54 AM
mattman22033
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with Chipishere. The RK can easily fill both roles. Pop the windshield off and it changes the look of bike instantly. I have seen many tricked out RKs that had lots-o-miles on them.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:08 AM
Chrizzby
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The ROAD KING is the best of both worlds, I have 06 king & 08 ULTRA for the long rides. every now & then it's nice to hop on the KING and tear it up ....
Stay away from the Delux, it's a chick bike. But that's just my opinion.
Enjoy the touring world when you cross over....

Quick Reply: I need a push...A BIG PUSH!!!