Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's better - race tuner,fuel pack, PC111 or HD download?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:05 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by MX558
pc3 from Feul moto, Jamie does a great job
Another +1 on Jamie and Fuel Moto. Their prices are near lowest available and you will get a map suited for your hardware application. If you haven't installed slip-ons, consider his Power Package which includes his trick Jackpot mufflers, AC, PCIII, and map. I can attest that he carefully crafted this map with this hardware, and I purchased the first baffle package designed for Rush mufflers (identical to Jackpot). I wrote it up here:

Power Package write-up link

Although at the time I wrote this tutorial he didn't call it the "Power Package" and the mufflers were made by Rush, the presently marketed Power Package is functionally identical to what I have installed and the write-up is pertinent to today's hardware.

If you don't go with the PP, you can still order a PCIII with a map installed that fits your specified hardware.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:23 PM
klemay
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all, perfect timing for this question as I am having issues and was just about to vent!

I purchased V&H Big Radius', PCIII, and an SE Heavey Air Breather for my 08 SG. I installed everything myself, downloaded the latest Map for my bike and this setup, uploaded it to the PCIII and all went pretty good.

My issue started when I took my bike to my local HD (where I bought my bike and purchased the mainteancne plan) to have them do the 2500k service, and "fine tune" my set up. I was charged for 4 hours of dyno time...which I thought was pretty excesive, but I thought man, this baby must run like a raped ape now! I left the dealer, jumped on the freeway, and 40 miles later, got off to run thru my little home town.....to discover that when running anywhere from 2k-3k rmps, it woult stutter, shake, cough.....I had to rev her up just to keep it from kicken me off the bike!

I called Jamie at fuel moto to tell him, and in turn emailed him the Map the HD Dyno guy came up with. He called me back and told me NOT TO RUN MY BIKE with this set up, as it could do some major damage! Now I'm not to smart when it comes to Fuel Injection, timing, maps etc, but Jamie explained it pretty good. I ended up reinstalling the map I had before, then driving down to the Dealer and asking WTF? The Dyno tech told me PCIIIs are extreemly difficult to tune in with 07 and later bikes...and especially 08s due to the wireless throttle. He did tell me to bring it back and he'd play with it to try to make it right, but couldn't promise me anything. He said if it was him, he'd go with the SE Race Tuner because it's easier to work with, doesn't interfear with the wiring harness' and all in all a better product.

So I'm back at the office, waiting to hear back from Jaime at fuel moto....and while waiting I've called a few different dealer service folks and they all agree, SE is the way to go. Now I know they are biases to a degree just because of the HD product, and the ease of use for them, but is the PCIII really that bad?

The only issue I have with the Map I have from Jamie is a slight poping upon decel and gear down, and then when she's warmed up, if I stop for fuel/drink etc, starting her back up takes a few extra cranks....like she's either not getting the fuel or getting to much when hot. I've not noticed to much negative on the fuel mileage, so Im at a loss of what to do now.

Thanks all for your help and letting me vent!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:28 PM
MMVII SG
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a PCIII on my bike, the power commander came with O2 sensor eliminators at that time I installed Reinhart true duals and PC3. The bike ran pretty good no decel popping. I wanted more, after talking to a reputable shop who also sells power commander he informed me that I basically reverted my 07 to an 06 by eliminating the O2 sensors. I was going to have him dyno it but instead purchased a Thunder max. It also seems to work good but I feel better getting O2 sensor feedback. The cost was about a "wash" if I had it dynoed with PC3 or purchased TMAX.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) is that the PCIII does not operate on a closed loop like the '07's and later motors are designed. It eliminates the O2 sensors altogether. That alone would stop me from putting the PCIII on my bike.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:08 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you should consider the TFI from Techlusion. I have heard nothing but good things, and it is inexpensive, reliable, effective and easy to install. They have been doing fuel management for a long time and I am leaning that way. Check out the testimonials and it is available for the 09 models. even though it is not yet listed on this link. Here is the link if you are at all interested.
http://www.techlusion.com/