Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buddie who's cycle shop burned down needs our help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Chief X
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been working with Ron through our company for quite awhile. Truly a great friend and all around decent guy.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:36 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about Ronnie, I know first hand how bad that can be. My building burn down the first your I had it from a faulty gas tank that fell out of a piece a junk car.
A chevette maybe worth $900.00. I bought the business Oct 3 1987 and the business burn't down Oct 13 1988 at 9:30am. O ya and in 1985 the a year after my first son was born my wife had toxic shock and almost passed away, having to have all her toes amputated. Both in my opinion were extremely hard times. With no parents to turn to or rich uncle's I managed to get through my problems. I guess, what I'm saying is have Ronnie pull his boot straps up and just make it happen. If there's a will there's a way and if your honest and provide good service, you can pay your own way! O'ya in my opinion talking to the big man up stairs helps a little too.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:37 PM
mps1168
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by captsam54
This is rural Kentucky were talking about.. The reason for NOT having insurance was because they had an old coal heating
stove in the store part of the building that was sort of a traditional thing
that's been there for many years that used coal to heat with. Insurance
in their area is already as "high-risk" as it gets.......then with this coal
heating stove it made it impossible to afford.........then on top of that,
they have "volunteer" fire departments here & that makes insurance even more
higher in that area. Not many around there can afford fire
insurance........especially in those older buildings like they had here.

OH well. Hopefully some of you guys will spend a little time reading to actually see what it is.. Or heck.. just call Ronnie and see if he doesn't get you less expensive price on parts than you can find elsewhere..

donating $100.00 to get them in a new building is coming back 4 fold if you buy a fair amount of parts for your baby..( like I do :<)

Throwing the ball back in the court..:<)

Hey.. Thanks rocknRod for the positive comment..!!

First off I extend my sympathy to your friend for his fire loss. HOWEVER the assertion that becuase the fire department in that area is sub-par becuase it's "Volunteer" is absolutely bull****. Where I live (WI) we "volunteer fire fighters" are required to take the same exact classes and become certifed as do the full time career fire fighters. In many cases we also work side by side under mutual aid compacts with fulltime departments at large scenes. Further the ISO rating which is what determines the insurance is a function of not only the fire departments capability but more over how far from a fire department you live, is there hydrants in the area or is it rural water shuttles and so on.

Making an assinine statement saying the insurance is high becuase they have "volunteer fire departments" is absolutley wrong. As it was stated before, not having insurance no matter how exspensive is just wrong. If it means raising his prices 5% to make the payment thats what he should have done. As far the nostalgia of the coal burner, what did it gain? Nothing, it ultimately cost him his building and income. It should have been ripped out and something less liable to cause a fire installed. he should be glad it was the shop and not a home. Having to watch a family lose it all and find out they have no insurance makes me want to kick these people right in the azz.

I know what I speak off.

Mike Schampers
CHIEF Wrightstown "Volunteer Fire Department

Old 10-02-2008, 12:55 PM
alfalfa
Intermediate

Wow, for someone trying to get some help for someone else he sure is getting a large ration of S#!t. Whether he is right or wrong the fact of the matter is that someone is in need of help. The choice is yours to buy or not buy from the seller so going on about insurance and what he should of done isn't helping him a bit.

Just my .02

Old 10-02-2008, 12:58 PM
captsam54
Road Master
Cool

Originally Posted by BillinNY
I think your arithmetic is off a little bit Capt. (net 25% off) But it sounds like a worthy cause, I have heard some good things about Lewis Custom Cycle. I'll give it serious consideration.
Ha Ha Ha !! Good point.. Thanks for the correction..I made A's in English and Art.. Math was my worst subject.. :<(

Old 10-02-2008, 01:24 PM
WannaBuy
Cruiser

Buy $1000 worth of parts for $850 with the normal 15% discount

Donate $100 and then get a 25% discount

Buy $1000 worth of parts for $750 with the new 25% discount

Either way you go about it your still paying $850 and now he's also picking up the cost of the shipping. How's the guy making any extra money for his building?

He's better off giving everybody 20% off and hope to increase his his sales thus generating more revenue and forget about the "DONATION"

Just my .02

Old 10-02-2008, 01:39 PM
MrDoo
Advanced

mps1168, maybe I read it wrong, but I don't think that he was cutting down volunteer fire fighters. What I got from his statement was that it was a factor in the price of his insurance, which you admitted yourself it was, among other factors.

Captsam54, best of luck to your friend.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:41 PM
n8dc
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alfalfa
Wow, for someone trying to get some help for someone else he sure is getting a large ration of S#!t. Whether he is right or wrong the fact of the matter is that someone is in need of help. The choice is yours to buy or not buy from the seller so going on about insurance and what he should of done isn't helping him a bit.

Just my .02
The other side of the coin..... Id like to retire in about 4 years and giving everyone that has hard times money isnt gonna let me retire.... He sounds like a great guy and he gives good deals so he could make some serious money if he plays his cards right.
Dave

Old 10-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

I work for Wells Fargo Bank, unlike many banks we are still making loans. He should give them a call.

Old 10-02-2008, 02:05 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,243 Likes on 2,475 Posts

sorry about your friends loss. unlike others, i'm not gonna jump on him about not having insurance. but, no where in the original post did i read that the fire was caused by his 'nostalgic' coal heater, seems assumptions are just running rampant.

what did cause the fire?

Quick Reply: Buddie who's cycle shop burned down needs our help.