Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buddie who's cycle shop burned down needs our help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 02:10 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by alfalfa
Wow, for someone trying to get some help for someone else he sure is getting a large ration of S#!t. Whether he is right or wrong the fact of the matter is that someone is in need of help. The choice is yours to buy or not buy from the seller so going on about insurance and what he should of done isn't helping him a bit.
Just my .02
Amen Bro.
This isnt about insurance or a fire department.
The guy needs help, and he's a great guy.
He's got my help!

Old 10-02-2008, 04:43 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is an internet forum ... where people (mostly complete strangers) share ideas, make comments ... Giving your 2 cents is entirely different that giving someone "****". Comments are made mostly out of observation and genuine concern.

A kick in the pants with a 'what were you thinking' is not given with a condescending tone. On the contrary! Haven't you ever giving someone the 3rd degree, and at the same time hugged their dumass close out of geniune concern. We all feel for anyone who has had a misfortune like this. I don't think anyone would ever consider this a deliberate act...it was an accident...a stupid accident (perhaps waiting to happen)...none the less, unfortunate for the family. In the end ... it doesn't even matter what the circumstances are.

I hope we have all learned from this experience ... You can pay now, or you can pay later.

Old 10-02-2008, 05:04 PM
mps1168
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr Doo,

Fire insurance is based upon an ISO rating. The ISO rating factors in many things, are you in a hydrant area or do you require water shuttle. Average response time of the local dept, capability of the depart and the list goes on. I will say this, whether the department is career/fulltime or volunteer will likely effect only response time (volunteers generally are not standing by waiting for the pager to go off at the station) and capability, that being many career depts have newer, up to date rigs however I know of many volunteer dept that are the envy of fulltime becuase they can get rigs bought and paid for by good fund raisning and not relying on municapailty budget and whims of local leaders.

For my dept more specifically we carry an ISO rating of 4 closer to 3, lower is better. You'll find most city depts avg the same. Most good volunteer dept can get 3-4 whether they are hydrant area or shuttle areas.

My point is this, I took and take huge offense to the notion that a volunteer dept, especially in todays society, is a lesser entity than a fulltime dept. My fire fighting counterparts will agree, we are as one and I know in my area here, we are treated, trained and act as one.

mps

Originally Posted by MrDoo
mps1168, maybe I read it wrong, but I don't think that he was cutting down volunteer fire fighters. What I got from his statement was that it was a factor in the price of his insurance, which you admitted yourself it was, among other factors.

Captsam54, best of luck to your friend.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:20 PM
mchildree
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, then to make this easy....let's forget the fire and the fact that the man is trying to HELP HIMSELF by simply drumming up more business...unlike a lot of other people in this world, who simply look for a quick buck with the least effort.

There is other valid reasoning for buying your parts from Ronnie Lewis: He generally sells great product at the best price, and with stellar service. Isn't that enough?

Old 10-03-2008, 06:20 AM
MrDoo
Advanced

Yikes! Someone has full-time-fire-fighter envy. Easy guy, no one is criticizing the size of your...um...fire hose, I'm sure that volunteer guys' fire hoses are just as good as full time guys.

We are not talking about your hose, we're talking insurance here, and being in a volunteer fire department zone does effect your insurance rate, you have said so yourself...twice. Reguardless of how you want to break it down; response time, staffing, equipment, capability, etc, bottom line, it still effects it.

Lets get back on topic, the guy sure does have alot of people vouching for him on this forum, he must be a stand up guy. Will definately look him up in a few months when I start winter work on my scoot.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:30 AM
mps1168
Tourer

Mr Doo:

Well it obvious trying to explain this is out of your ability to understand. But I'll reply directly to a few of your assertions. I can be assured of this, you sir have no clue what ISO ratings are or mean regardless of department status.

Full time envy, definately not. Size of my hose, come right over and check it yourself smart guy.

For the guy whom had the fire I say again, my sympathies and good luck in the future.

For you Mr Doo, not worth my time anymore.

End of my rant.

mps

Old 10-03-2008, 12:23 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Someone needs to make their own thread and argue elswhere.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:57 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WannaBuy
Buy $1000 worth of parts for $850 with the normal 15% discount

Donate $100 and then get a 25% discount

Buy $1000 worth of parts for $750 with the new 25% discount

Either way you go about it your still paying $850 and now he's also picking up the cost of the shipping. How's the guy making any extra money for his building?

He's better off giving everybody 20% off and hope to increase his his sales thus generating more revenue and forget about the "DONATION"

Just my .02
Although it may be a wash in the long run it seems like a good way to generate some cash for the rebuild. Seems to me the man has a lot of happy customers and he is reaching out to them as well as creating new ones. As Mchildre stated, he is trying to generate some business for himself instead of asking for a handout. I do not know Ronnie nor have I done business with him but he sounds like the kind of person I would like to do business with.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:37 AM
captsam54
Road Master

Thank you guys for responding.. We got a little off track with the fire insurance thing. But all in all you guys/girls are supportive.. I have talked to Ronnie, He is re-thinking the "donation" thing and maybe just giving the best discount he can. He is also thinking about a cheaper steel bldg. Anyway, those of us that know him will continue to throw our business his way..

Just the best prices, and super fast shipping.

Example.. I asked him to find me some RUSH Black Gloss head pipes. Well He went and became a dealer for RUSH so he could get and sell me the pipes at a super low price..!!! Lower than if he had just ordered them from some other supplier, which most other HD parts/suppliers would do..!!! Try getting a set of Black RUSH True Duals and Heat shields for an 08 SG.. DELIVERED to your door for $315.00.. !!! The Super Supply Stores can't beat that price and they have shipping on top of that..!!

You Go Ronnie..!!!

Old 10-04-2008, 10:02 AM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

In the future I will support Ronnie's business by buying from him when possible.

By the sound of the people on here he is a stand up guy.

Quick Reply: Buddie who's cycle shop burned down needs our help.