Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buddie who's cycle shop burned down needs our help.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 08:05 AM
captsam54
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buddie who's cycle shop burned down needs our help.

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this but here goes..

This is a very worthy cause for a fellow biker.. Plus you get a deal on parts for helping out..

He’s trying to raise money to buy a new building for his shop where his got burned down back in March this year. It was very sad as it was his family's business for several generations.. They lost everything.

He’s asking bikers to help him raise the money & he gives you an extra 10% off retail prices that you already get 15% off retail. So that's 35% off..!!

He has a deal going to where you put up $100 & you get $1000 worth of parts for $750 delivered to your door. HOW'S THAT FOR SAVING MONEY????

And he’s a really straight up guy too, so it’s not some kind of a scam or bullsh*t.

Plus Ronnie is down home and is a blast to talk to on the phone. I straight out donated last April when I found out.. He's given me such great deals in the past I just had to..

It’s not like a donation cause you’re really getting your money back in the form of an extra discount.

HE CAN GET YOU ALMOST ANY PART CHEAPER THAN YOU CAN FIND IT ANYWHERE. AND MOST OF THE TIME FREE SHIPPING..!!

Please go and check it out for yourself. You will see why I am posting this here..

You can check it out here: http://www.lewiscustomcycles.com/modules.php?name=1000

Old 10-02-2008, 09:11 AM
jeffbarb17
Road Captain

As a firefighter i have great sympathy for anyone who losses everything because of fire....but as i stand and survey the damage after a fire scene and hear my Captain or Senior officer tell everyone that the occupant has no insurance on a business or house, it never ceases to amaze me as well as confuse me......insurance for a viable business or a house is cheap compared to the consequences......and in the case of many of the houses i see multiple big screen tvs, dvds, nice furniture and beer in the fridge.....i just don't understand.......

I wish all the best for your friend.......i am sure this business is his life.....as well as his family's....

Old 10-02-2008, 09:44 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like Ronnie, he has ALWAYS beat other peoples prices.
I use him all the time

Old 10-02-2008, 09:45 AM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffbarb17
As a firefighter i have great sympathy for anyone who losses everything because of fire....but as i stand and survey the damage after a fire scene and hear my Captain or Senior officer tell everyone that the occupant has no insurance on a business or house, it never ceases to amaze me as well as confuse me......insurance for a viable business or a house is cheap compared to the consequences......and in the case of many of the houses i see multiple big screen tvs, dvds, nice furniture and beer in the fridge.....i just don't understand.......

I wish all the best for your friend.......i am sure this business is his life.....as well as his family's....
Well said!
It does make me wonder why someone would take such a chance.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,942 Likes on 6,954 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffbarb17

+1 on those thoughts

Best of luck to him in aquiring a new building.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:26 AM
captsam54
Road Master

This is rural Kentucky were talking about.. The reason for NOT having insurance was because they had an old coal heating
stove in the store part of the building that was sort of a traditional thing
that's been there for many years that used coal to heat with. Insurance
in their area is already as "high-risk" as it gets.......then with this coal
heating stove it made it impossible to afford.........then on top of that,
they have "volunteer" fire departments here & that makes insurance even more
higher in that area. Not many around there can afford fire
insurance........especially in those older buildings like they had here.

OH well. Hopefully some of you guys will spend a little time reading to actually see what it is.. Or heck.. just call Ronnie and see if he doesn't get you less expensive price on parts than you can find elsewhere..

donating $100.00 to get them in a new building is coming back 4 fold if you buy a fair amount of parts for your baby..( like I do :<)

Throwing the ball back in the court..:<)

Hey.. Thanks rocknRod for the positive comment..!!

Old 10-02-2008, 10:27 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

wish Ronnie good luck, sounds like a good plan

Old 10-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, would like to give but my homeowners insurance just went up by 113.00 per year! Haven't seen the increase in bike or car insurance yet.. spose that will go up also.

Guess the old coal stove was a got'cha. Although it was a traditional thing.. still could have upgraded the heating system and saved on insurance cost.

A family longtime business tradition should have at least had some preperation for such a loss even without the insurance! Can you even run a business these days without insurance?!

Yep, insurance is a high cost thing but if you don't have it.... you will sure miss it when you need it..

Once my money is all spent, and if there is any left over (rare) it goes to Feed The Children on to Childrens Hospital in Memphis.

Old 10-02-2008, 11:37 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I, too, would never wish a fire of such magnitude on anyone, but as a business owner, I just can't understand why anyone would go without adequate insurance coverage. THAT just boggles my mind. Insurance is the most important aspect of any business. It insures that you have the capability of 'staying' in business if disaster strikes. Going without it is ... and I am apprehensive to even say it, due to your friends demise ... but ... It's just irresponsible.

Keeping the 'ol traditional coal heating system is no excuse. I'm all for tradition, and tradition has it's place. When it comes to safety and security...It is by no means an affordable way to do business. The cost of putting in a proper heating unit would be minuscule compared to what the devastation of this fire cost him. I hazard to think what kind of trouble he would be in had someone been injured in this fire (or worse). ... All for the sake of tradition? Pahlease! This is more about spending the cash ... now, let's be honest. Regret ably, now he is with out means of supporting himself, or his family. How 'traditional' is that?

He may be a great guy ... But, this whole thing may have been prevented had he had the foresight to take preventative measures...Other than replacing the antiquated system (that goes without saying). It is up each of us to take the initiative to prevent these things. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out how to take precautionary measures to help keep our valuables safe. Of course, it also goes without saying, but accidents happen. It's hard to say how this happened, or why. It may have happened anyway even without the coal system...We may never know.

I'd love to help out anyone in distress. At the risk of sound callous ... THIS is something he could have prepared for. He spun the roulette wheel, and he lost. Sad but true.

As a professional courtesy ... He has my sympathy, and I wish him the best of luck in trying to rebuild what he lost.

Now ... having said all that ... I commend you all for trying to help out your friend in need ... Had it been my friend ... I would want to help too... no matter what the circumstances.

Last edited by bikergirl40; 10-02-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:44 AM
BillinNY
Tourer

Originally Posted by captsam54

He’s asking bikers to help him raise the money & he gives you an extra 10% off retail prices that you already get 15% off retail. So that's 35% off..!!

I think your arithmetic is off a little bit Capt. (net 25% off) But it sounds like a worthy cause, I have heard some good things about Lewis Custom Cycle. I'll give it serious consideration.

Quick Reply: Buddie who's cycle shop burned down needs our help.