Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

touching my bike!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:47 AM
PiedPiper
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

I think all of you write more than you ride

Old 10-09-2008, 10:12 AM
NFFN
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think its funny, Somebody spends 20K on a motorcycle and some HD branded accessories and it makes them a biker and they adopt all stereotypical biker rules. Everybody saw the old movies where some funny character accidentally touch a bikers scooter and it knocks down all the rest of them like dominoes. Its all about respect, if somebody touches your handle bars its not that big of a deal. If they disrespect your bike its a different story. I don't see your friend touching your stereo or your handlebars as disrespect.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:15 AM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PiedPiper
I think all of you write more than you ride

You, obviously, do not,

Old 10-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Raaze07
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phurion
I have absolutely no issues with friends "touching my handle bars". Yes, get over yourself.

Changing the radio station is even less of a problem since I have MP3's loaded on my Zumo's memory card.

What I DO have a problem with is walking out of a retail establishment and finding some ***-hat new father standing his toddler up on my seat while the little **** drools all over the place, stepping on my tank in the process.

True story. That dude almost got a very painful and valuable life-lesson that day. I think he got the hint from the near-psychotic episode he witnessed as I approached with haste and intent.

3 rules people have to live by:

3) Don't kick my dogs
2) Don't pinch my wife's ***
1) DON'T F*#& with my Harley (unless I know you, trust you, and say it's ok).

Strangers better tread very lightly when touching my stuff. Admiring at arms length (read: without touching) is absolutely permitted, and even appreciated.
Sound like 3 good rules to live by!

Old 10-09-2008, 11:41 AM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phurion
I have absolutely no issues with friends "touching my handle bars". Yes, get over yourself.

Changing the radio station is even less of a problem since I have MP3's loaded on my Zumo's memory card.

What I DO have a problem with is walking out of a retail establishment and finding some ***-hat new father standing his toddler up on my seat while the little **** drools all over the place, stepping on my tank in the process.

True story. That dude almost got a very painful and valuable life-lesson that day. I think he got the hint from the near-psychotic episode he witnessed as I approached with haste and intent.

3 rules people have to live by:

3) Don't kick my dogs
2) Don't pinch my wife's ***
1) DON'T F*#& with my Harley (unless I know you, trust you, and say it's ok).

Strangers better tread very lightly when touching my stuff. Admiring at arms length (read: without touching) is absolutely permitted, and even appreciated.
Does the response for rule #3 go for rules 1 and 2 also?

Old 10-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DGlide04
Does the response for rule #3 go for rules 1 and 2 also?
Rule #1 (bottom of the list) is the only one I allow to be bent, but only by close friends.

Rules #2 and #3 are always in effect. There will never be permission granted to kick my dogs or pinch my wifes ***. I don't care HOW well I know you or how long we've been friends. Breaking either one of those will elicit a most unwelcomed and unpleasant response.

I'll admit though...I sometimes toy with the order of those rules, so it's best to just leave 'em all alone (unless you've got a hot wife and are willing to reciprocate =).

Old 10-09-2008, 12:43 PM
so165
Tourer

I cannot believe that this got over 100 replies, damn, usually I write something and it only gets at the most 20 replies. I'm impressed, with myself naturally,hahahaha

Old 10-09-2008, 02:13 PM
PiedPiper
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

your right buttman, I obviously do not write more than I ride.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:18 PM
thomaskray
Road Master

i don't really care about a friend touching or sitting on my bike. What really pisses me off is coming out of the store and finding a stranger actually sitting on my bike. Yes, it happened once.

Old 10-09-2008, 02:50 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you touch my wife or my bike I bust your head, simple?

Quick Reply: touching my bike!!!!