Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

touching my bike!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:12 PM
IRready
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell them it hurts your feelings if they touch your motorcycle. Then go see a shrink.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:22 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

Geez, I'm totally beginning to wonder what site this is. Buddy or not, friend or not, EVERYONE knows the rules. YOU DON"T TOUCH someone's bike w/o permission. It's a stinkin' rule that's older than Lassie! We're not talking about your pogo stick, or your bicycle, this is your freakin' ride. I've invested way to much in $$$, TIME, and EFFORT to have an innocent accident occur because I didn't speak up and provide the offending party with my opinion. If your friends are so shallow that you can't tell them this, then you've got some sorry azz budds. THIS IS YOUR BIKE... Protect it like you would your family. OK, enough of my rant, just had to let that go, now go have a nice day.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:59 PM
NitroBerserker
Tourer

I must really be an odd one here I actually let friends RIDE my bikes. at least those that ride already. and sometimes we switch off and ride together. That way you get to see what your bike looks like actually going down the road.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:58 PM
marc52454
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im have the same view as NitroBerserker I like to hear and look at what Im ridin the only way to do that is from the seat of his scooter, I also let my boys take a spin know and then. gets them off the rice diet...

Old 10-07-2008, 10:06 PM
BRO
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With what you described and if they were my friends, I wouldn't really give a rats ***. Many of my friends ride and they know what they are doing. I am certinly not going to lose a friend just because he touched my bike. That does not make sense to me.
If my friend did not ride and did not know about bikes and he was toaching my bike the wrong way (rubbing dusty paint). I would try to educate him on the do's and don'ts of bikes. All my firends have brains and they know how to use them, so I doubt it would become a problem. Strangers are another story!

Old 10-08-2008, 08:14 AM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by NitroBerserker
I must really be an odd one here I actually let friends RIDE my bikes. at least those that ride already. and sometimes we switch off and ride together. That way you get to see what your bike looks like actually going down the road.

So do I, by mutual agreement,

That is not the point, the point is Slobs that have no respect for your expensive investment,

Friends don't let friends drive drunk,

Nor do they disrespect someone's Harley,

If it were a Honda we were talking about, then paw away at the thing, spit on it even,

Old 10-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Sheep
Tourer

Originally Posted by so165
what do ya do when a friend just feels like they can just rest their hand on the handlebars of your bike and lean there and talk to ya? or better yet they turn your radio on without even asking? damn!!!!!!!!
I had both happen yesterday, I told them "I know your my buds and all but if you f$#k with my bike again I will have to shoot ya! they laughed but did not touch it again.

Did it damage anything? I'd stop being so ****.

If I was your friends I'd stop riding with you.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 AM
wafu321
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NitroBerserker
I agree 100%.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:30 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just tell them to GTFO!

Old 10-09-2008, 08:58 AM
motox26
Intermediate

Hahaha, oh I'm getting a chuckle out of these "real bikers" here that don't let anyone put a finger on their bikes.

Now I would say something to a stranger that is touching or sitting on my bike, but a friend, come on, they can ride my bike (as long as they are a rider themselves of course). I know if anything happens, they'll take care of it. Touching it sure isn't going to hurt it, it's a machine, nothing more. Granted a machine that we all cherish, but it's not worth backhanding a buddy over a fingerprint. I love my bike and just now have been able to afford what I want, but it's still not worth a friendship.

I bet some of you will really go crazy over the fact that my wife will even take a cruise on mine.

Quick Reply: touching my bike!!!!