Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

touching my bike!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:53 PM
JIMROOKIE
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do like my bike but its just for riding and getting lots of bugs on rain,dirt ride some more clean it ride it. its just a thing.
now for the radio thing thats rude

Old 10-06-2008, 10:00 PM
geeded
Cruiser

A friend is a friend and that counts for a WHOLE lot. If it's a stranger, that's another story. That being said, over the last 35 years, I've had more damage done by bugs and stones than by people touching my bike (seldom happens).

Maybe get a nice laminated card like the collector car guys use and put on their car when they show them...you know, "Look but don't touch". Nicely worded and effective.

cheers, geeded

Old 10-06-2008, 10:19 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jinks
Had it all happen..... If it's a non-riding friend I'm polite & ask that they not do that & explain my reasons. If it's a riding friend I usually don't care unless they do something really stupid, & then I point it out to them. If it's a stranger tryin' out "the free bike in the parkin' lot", or sittin' their kid/girlfriend on it for photos, I get *real* difficult to deal with! Usually I demand their car keys & tell 'em if they can fu#k with my stuff............

Then there's the friend that invites a few of us over for a small party........ "Park here in my garage". A while later, just before his girlfriend gets home, I hear my alarm go off. "That'll teach 'im" I think, & keep on talkin' with the other friend in the house. A few minutes later he comes in & confesses "I just dropped your new bike". A few minutes of disbelief, a quick inspection, & it's true! Movin' it out of his girlfriends parkin' spot he didn't get the kickstand down good enough. He's a rider, & the total damage was a minuscule scratch on the plastic liner between the inner & outer fairing. He was mortified till I thanked him, told him the first mark was out of the way, shook his hand & got him a beer. Friends are worth FAR more than motorcycles.
Stupid friends are not,

Old 10-07-2008, 07:41 AM
wood butcher
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lucky 13
My Harley Dealer has put more scratches on my bike than my friends have.
Boy isn't that the truth! The funny thing is they do a walk around inspection before they take it in for service then deny they scratched it when they give it back. I even got my fat bob back with a grip loose and the bolt that holds the gas tank on loose. The tank rattled every time I hit a bump in the road.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:47 AM
BigD64
Tourer

The new show Sons of Anarchy just addressed your issue. Guy was sitting on Jax' bike trying to get his girlfriend to shoot a picture. Jax came out and took his picture for him ...............before and after.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:54 AM
t059736
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Touching the bike.......

So glad Common Sense tank is full.

I see a lot of other people's tanks are just about empty!

Have a GREAT day!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Edgeflhtci
6th Gear

Originally Posted by 89FLHT
One friend touches your precious, official H-D handlebar and another friend has the audacity to turn on your authentic H-D radio !!!!! Holy sh*t, call out the army and have them shot !

You have got to be f*cking kidding me, get a life. It's a friggin' bike, it's not like he pawed your old lady.
That's too funny. I have friends who wouldn't dream of touching my bike or even throwing their leg over the saddle simply because they don't ride and feel intimidated by the simple fact it's a Harley. I often times will tell them it's ok to saddle up if you want. I'm hoping that's a seed planted to get them on a bike of their own to ride someday.

Yes scratches, scuffs and dings do suck. It’s just a fact of life if you ride. If a kid or an adult happens to come too close and is burned because they can’t keep their hands off privet property, so be it. Good luck suing me over that. Turnips don’t bleed.

Pawing the wife...all I can say to that one is you'd better be ready for the ensuing furry that's she is about to bring down on you rather violently.

Edge

Old 10-07-2008, 12:33 PM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by so165
what do ya do when a friend just feels like they can just rest their hand on the handlebars of your bike and lean there and talk to ya? or better yet they turn your radio on without even asking?
Its just a bike, I don't sweat the small stuff. If it gives them wood to lean on the bars and dick with the radio more power to them. I just can't get worked up about things I see people getting spun up over. Heck I don't park under motel awnings, I don't cover it when out on the road I just ride the sucker. This past summer I stayed at a motel that was a real dive in a crappy part of town. I locked the bike armed the alarm and forgot to put on the disk lock then had a good nights sleep.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:37 PM
120PLUS
Cruiser

Originally Posted by so165
what do ya do when a friend just feels like they can just rest their hand on the handlebars of your bike and lean there and talk to ya? or better yet they turn your radio on without even asking? damn!!!!!!!!
I had both happen yesterday, I told them "I know your my buds and all but if you f$#k with my bike again I will have to shoot ya! they laughed but did not touch it again.
GET OVER YOURSELF... it's just a damn motorcycle!!

Old 10-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Brian
Advanced

I'm in England, and have a show winning Road King Classic. Everywhere I go, people take photographs of it. I like the attention my bike gets, because of all the hard work I've put into getting it looking like it does.
I parked it outside a big store one day and when I came out 15 minutes later, there was a huge crowd around my bike.
I pushed through the crowd, and a Japanese tourist was taking photographs of his kids sitting and standing on the seat.
I don't know if he could speak English or not, but he seemed to understand what "f*** off" meant.

Normally when my bike is in a show and someone asks me politely if they can have a photo taken of them on my bike...I let them sit on it if they treat it with resect.

Quick Reply: touching my bike!!!!