Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

touching my bike!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 02:53 PM
BigD64
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What if your wife touches me first?

Old 10-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Phurion
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigD64
What if your wife touches me first?
You can keep her?

/shrug

Old 10-09-2008, 03:14 PM
NFFN
Banned

Originally Posted by thomaskray
i don't really care about a friend touching or sitting on my bike. What really pisses me off is coming out of the store and finding a stranger actually sitting on my bike. Yes, it happened once.
Ok, That's disrespect ... that is different. I usually ask them would it be ok if I opened the door on their car and sat in it?

Old 10-09-2008, 04:09 PM
rochkes
Elite HDF Member
Received 460 Likes on 211 Posts

My cousin was very ill and having exteme financial difficulties when I bought my first new Harley. He came to my house to visit, which he didn't do very often and I showed him my new bike. I knew he was very ill and I knew how much he loved Harleys and how long it had been since he had been able to ride his.

He asked me if it would be ok if he sat on it. I said yes. Then he asked if he could start it up and hear it run, again I said yes without hesitation. Then he asked if there was any way he could take it for a short ride. I thought about it for about a tenth of a second. I knew if the shoe was on the other foot he wouldn't had even thought about it. He would've told me to do whatever I wanted to do and don't worry about it.

He went for a short ride. He came back with the biggest smile on his face that I had seen in months. That was the last time I saw him alive. His wife and sons told me after he died that was the happiest day he had in the last six months of his life. They told me they thought I was crazy for trusting him with my new scoot, but they were sure glad that I did because it made him so happy.

I am glad that I don't put my friends and family in line behind my scoot, but my reaction would be altogether different if it was a stranger.

Dennis

Old 10-09-2008, 05:02 PM
GeorgeH
Advanced

I always thought it to be funny that most people think bikes are dangerous but the first thing they want to do is start pawing at it or sit on it.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:03 PM
NFFN
Banned

Originally Posted by rochkes
My cousin was very ill and having exteme financial difficulties when I bought my first new Harley. He came to my house to visit, which he didn't do very often and I showed him my new bike. I knew he was very ill and I knew how much he loved Harleys and how long it had been since he had been able to ride his.

He asked me if it would be ok if he sat on it. I said yes. Then he asked if he could start it up and hear it run, again I said yes without hesitation. Then he asked if there was any way he could take it for a short ride. I thought about it for about a tenth of a second. I knew if the shoe was on the other foot he wouldn't had even thought about it. He would've told me to do whatever I wanted to do and don't worry about it.

He went for a short ride. He came back with the biggest smile on his face that I had seen in months. That was the last time I saw him alive. His wife and sons told me after he died that was the happiest day he had in the last six months of his life. They told me they thought I was crazy for trusting him with my new scoot, but they were sure glad that I did because it made him so happy.

I am glad that I don't put my friends and family in line behind my scoot, but my reaction would be altogether different if it was a stranger.

Dennis
Right on, That's what its all about.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:34 AM
motox26
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rochkes

Dennis

+2 That's what I'm talking about.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:39 AM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PiedPiper
your right buttman, I obviously do not write more than I ride.
Write On Bro!

Old 10-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Rob2002
Tourer

Didn't want to jump in but after I thought about it for a while.............
Lost a good friend this year. My sis in law. She rode her own. As a matter fact she rode that bike right out of this world as we know it. I realized how little my bike means to me compared to a friend. Ya, ya, use some common sense and do what you gotta do but it's only a bike. That bike is never gonna love you back.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:34 AM
PiedPiper
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ButtMan1000
Write On Bro!

guess that's how you got to be a big bad road warrior huh?

Quick Reply: touching my bike!!!!