Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing the PCV with Auto-Tune on an '07 SG

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all of the great responses, I'm sure Iclick is going to start charging me for all the questions I have asked him. Since I am going to *** cams it looks like AT is also the way to go. Again, thanks for all of the great info..

Old 03-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawdawg
Thanks for all of the great responses, I'm sure Iclick is going to start charging me for all the questions I have asked him. Since I am going to *** cams it looks like AT is also the way to go. Again, thanks for all of the great info..
Let us know how the *** cams work Lawdawg...lol..never heard of those before. Do you have to modify your seat?..

Old 03-09-2010, 02:31 PM
Lawdawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well crap, thats what I get for trying to type and not look the D is right next to the S, so it should have been aDD cams. lol!!!

Old 03-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Well crap, thats what I get for trying to type and not look the D is right next to the S, so it should have been aDD cams. lol!!!
LOL, I have to go back and double check mine Lawdawg, even then I screwup. I'm telling you man iclick adds some terrific stuff to this forum doesn't he? He's helped me several times with questions I've PM'd him. I bought the Dyna Tuned Jackpot's on his advise. Best sounding, Best looking, Best price bar none. I'll probably end up getting the PC-V before hot weather. Looking forward to the poker run with you if I can swing it.
Ride safe

Old 03-09-2010, 07:33 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Once AT is installed the bike will tune AFR's as you ride. It does not auto-tune ignition advance, but this should be set properly by Fuel Moto before shipment. I started with a close map, although this isn't essential, which was an '07 with 255's and different exhaust. FM will provide a perfect- or close-match to start with.

So, after you install it you won't have to make any changes unless you want to tweak it to your needs, like to increase mileage in the cruise range, but that's another subject. One of these days I'm going to do a detailed write-up on fine-tuning the PCV-AT for mileage and using the map switch, as these topics come up quite often.
Cool! (52 y/o saying cool....that's rich) But anyway thanks for the info. Your write-ups and the way you handled the "cam wars" on here are a big reason I settled on the SE 255's.

oops....hope that doesn't start another debate!

Old 03-09-2010, 09:46 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for all of the great responses, I'm sure Iclick is going to start charging me for all the questions I have asked him.
Start? You're on the books now for two beers!

Old 03-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyClassic
Cool! (52 y/o saying cool....that's rich)
Excuuuuuuze me?? I'm 54 and I say "cool" all the time!!

Old 03-10-2010, 08:45 AM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
Once AT is installed the bike will tune AFR's as you ride. It does not auto-tune ignition advance, but this should be set properly by Fuel Moto before shipment. I started with a close map, although this isn't essential, which was an '07 with 255's and different exhaust. FM will provide a perfect- or close-match to start with.

So, after you install it you won't have to make any changes unless you want to tweak it to your needs, like to increase mileage in the cruise range, but that's another subject. One of these days I'm going to do a detailed write-up on fine-tuning the PCV-AT for mileage and using the map switch, as these topics come up quite often.
That would be a great write up iclick I am looking forward to it1

Old 09-10-2010, 09:59 PM
mitchdm
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rollin Em Up

I have purchase 3 power commanders from FM. The first one Jamie installed it an dyno'd it for me at his shop. After this experience he has a lifelong customer as he knows. After purchasing the PCIII and letting Jamie DynoTune the 06 SE Ultra ~ basically stock except for the slip ons, & air cleaner. I noticed a huge difference across the board. Like getting a new bike ~ the bike dyno'd at 96hp and 98tq. I ride 30 to 40k per year and have even crossed the 40k mark when time permits. A friend of mine went with me to Jamies shop and witnessed his professionalism and knowledge. He has an 03 SE Road King with only SE Slip Ons. He purchased the PCV which was not available when I bought the PC III. He was ecstatic with the results. So I ended up buying the PCV so I could add the autotune. I got a set of headers off of an 07 SE and the stock pipes. I then drilled out the cats installed the PCV and the autotune. The bike instantly ran even better. I never played with the maps just ran it closed all of the time. When I traded the 100k 06 I removed the PCV and autotune and still had to purchase a PCV for the 10 Ultra Limited. I have finally come up with a set of stock 09 headers (ebay $50) that I had to cut open and remove the cat. Jamie pre mapped the PCV on the bike now ~ the bike runs great but loves fuel. So once I get the pipes back from the poweder coater I will install the autotune and play with the maps thanks to this thread. I am a big fan of the Power Commander ~ it woke up my 06 and hope the autotune and removal of the cat will wake this one up to....

Old 09-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Yardstick
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

iclick

In your original write up you mentions a "terminator" and lack of was keeping your AT module and pc v from talking to each other. I am not getting any input from the AT and the AT lights show red on both boxes...any ideas?

Quick Reply: Installing the PCV with Auto-Tune on an '07 SG