Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cee Bailey Super Step Contour for Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Aslan
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cee Bailey Super Step Contour for Road Glide

Has anyone tried the Cee Bailey Super Step Contour windshield on their Road Glide?
It looks a lot like the Klock Works. I haven't heard too many good reviews on the KLock Werks other than it looks good.
I was wondering if the Cee Bailey did a better job.
I know that I am not going to get great protection from any short shield. I am just looking for the one that is the best compromise of style and function.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:25 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

There was a fairly good thread here not too long ago about this same shield. Maybe somebody can point you to it. The guy had pictures and all of his bike with the shield mounted up, and a review if I remember correctly??

Last edited by RODEO; 01-25-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-25-2009, 07:30 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It was one by PhilM.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:08 AM
Aslan
Road Master

Thanks I'll do a search and see what I can find.

Old 01-25-2009, 12:42 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

Think I may be able to help you on this one. I recently sold my KW 12" Flare and am now running the 15" Cee Bailey Euro on my '09 FLTR. There are too many varibles to list when talking windshields but I'll try to describe as best as I can.

I'm 6'3" and have a 36" inseam. So I'm more long-limbed than I am long-torsoed. I'm currently running a HD "Tall Boy" seat. I liked the way the KW looked on the bike and the way the bike handled at high speed. By high speed, I'm talking 90+. I live in "no mans land", so us locals can get away with drivin' and ridin' fast w/o much concern for others safety.

Anyway, the downside to the KW is the awful wind noise that rippped past my ears. At normal speeds, 75 - 85, you simply cannot hear the stereo and the roar is even apparent when wearing a good quality full-face helmet.

Sold the KW on eBay for ~ $140, so it wasn't too expensive of an experiment. I now have the 15" Cee Bailey Euro in their light tint. I must say, it is an impressive piece of work. Twice the thickness of the KW, very little vibration or flexing while on the road. The buffeting is minor but there is still some wind noise created by the flare design. BUT, I can now hear the stereo at 1/2 volume while riding at normal, legal speeds.

The buffeting is minimal but I'm convinced a 1-2" drop in seat hieght will make it all come together. so the tall boy is listed on eBay and a custom C&C saddle is on the way. This seat will drop me down into the bike ~ 2" and allow me to scoot back anothe 1.5".

I can post some pics of the CB on my nbike later if you'd like, let me know.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-25-2009, 03:45 PM
gilbos440rt
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine was on the front porch when I got back from a weekend up in gatlinburg! Hoping it's much better than the KW flair I had, you're right the wind noise was BRUTAL!!!!!!!!!!! sure looked good though

Old 01-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Aslan
Road Master

Thanks Boogie,
I'm only 5" 10" and have a stock seat on the bike.
Do you think I will be able to see over the Euro or should I go down one size?
Any pictures would be great.

Last edited by Aslan; 01-25-2009 at 04:27 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:57 PM
longrides
Tourer

Same question as Asian..... I'm 5'9" stock seat on an 08 FLTR. Seems like the 14" would work.....????

Old 02-01-2009, 04:32 PM
wi.st.rod
Cruiser

I recently contacted Cee Baily regarding their 15" SSC for the RG, explaining that I am 6'-4" with a 36" inseam. They told me they just completed a 16" version of this shield, currently being tested. If it passes their testing, they will make it available for sale. They felt the extra inch would be a better fit for me, given my height, so I'm going to wait a while and see if it gets released.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:19 AM
wi.st.rod
Cruiser

boogiewithtuck -- since you have the 15" SSC on an '09 FLTR, can you tell me what the dimension is from the instrument housing to top of the screen (see picture). For reference, this distance with the stock screen is 12.5 inches. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Cee Bailey Super Step Contour for Road Glide