Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

retrofit PC-V or PCIII for 08 RKC

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 01:24 PM
kegnison
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default retrofit PC-V or PCIII for 08 RKC

I am undecided on which way to go on this. The fact that Dynojet doesn't offer a warranty or anything for 08's sort of scares me. I would order the PC-V from Jamie at Fuel Moto like many of you have. Does anyone have any feedback on one of the retrofit models?? I will be installing Rinehart true duals and a stage 1 filter at the same time.

Old 02-28-2009, 11:32 AM
kegnison
Intermediate

Anyone????

Old 02-28-2009, 12:15 PM
ncbeast
Road Master

I am going to go the same route with an 08 RG we I get the money. I think with Jamie standing behind the PCV for the 08s there will not be a problem.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:38 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by kegnison
I am undecided on which way to go on this. The fact that Dynojet doesn't offer a warranty or anything for 08's sort of scares me. I would order the PC-V from Jamie at Fuel Moto like many of you have. Does anyone have any feedback on one of the retrofit models?? I will be installing Rinehart true duals and a stage 1 filter at the same time.
I have the PCV with Auto-Tune on my '07 SG. There were no fitment issues and I didn't hesitate to buy from Fuel Moto under these circumstances because I know Jamie and his work ethic.

Fuel Moto both double-warrants (two years) and supports all retrofit models with the knowledge and blessing of Dynojet. IMO warranty is a non-issue and would recommend the PCV since it is smaller, newer technology, has more features, allows map switching without an expensive add-on module (hub), and you can upgrade to Auto-Tune later if you want. The price for the PCV is about $20 more.

Last edited by iclick; 02-28-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:07 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Could i ask you guys something ref. the PCV.On my 08 i only have the stage1 w/heavy breather and monster ovals.What would it do for me or what should i expect from installing the PCV on mine.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:19 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rick
Could i ask you guys something ref. the PCV.On my 08 i only have the stage1 w/heavy breather and monster ovals.What would it do for me or what should i expect from installing the PCV on mine.
If you buy a PCV from Fuel Moto you will have an accurate map installed, so you would feel a performance improvement and cooler running. Your mileage will suffer a bit with the original map, but I would advise you to ask Jamie for his "mileage" map, which is plenty rich enough to help with cooling yet doesn't inflict as much of a hit on mileage. If you want more mileage you can fine tune it later with the software that comes with the PCV. There's much info on that in this forum.

As you are running now you have a good intake/exhaust setup but also very lean AFR's, which affects cooling and performance.

If you decide to buy from Fuel Moto be sure to tell him you have the Stage 1 download so he can load the correct map in the PCV.

Old 02-28-2009, 01:23 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks.Forgot to mention,and dont know it it maks a difference but i also have the xied's.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:37 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

If you add the PCV you can get rid of the IED's as they will serve no purpose once the PCV is installed.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:03 PM
kegnison
Intermediate

I must have seemed to miss that Jamie has a 2 year warranty. Well, that just made my decision for me. Thanks Guys!

Old 03-01-2009, 09:00 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,118 Likes on 1,341 Posts

Dynojet offers a 1 year warranty which we double, giving you 2 years of warranty coverage. Also note it is very important if you have the IED's to remove them before installing the PC-V

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Quick Reply: retrofit PC-V or PCIII for 08 RKC