Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on Flush Mounting Tweeter???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:41 PM
07yellowglide
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have they come up with this set up for the Road Glide yet?

Old 05-14-2009, 01:05 PM
PHREDD71
Cruiser
Default Figured Something Out!!!

Well, after staring at the tweeters and fairing for several hours, and then sleeping on it, I came up with a workable solution. I ended up surface mounting the tweeters, but I put them up in the corners of the fairing. This will not work for people getting the new 3 bag fairing pouch, but I do not plan to get one so this spot is good.

I will post pictures later today. Pretty easy install.

Old 05-14-2009, 02:39 PM
PHREDD71
Cruiser
Default Pics

So here are the pics of the install. the placement actually works well because the base cups for surface mounting are angled, so I just rotated until the tweeters are pointing up and in toward my head. The placement also avoids and internal bracing or other items.

The crossovers are mounted onto the head unit with double sided tape. I set the jumpers on the crossovers to +1.5 db as this seems to give a nice balance with the J&M speakers I previously installed. The tweeters are wired in parallel with the speakers. I used some wire tap-in squeeze connectors to tap a line off the speaker wires to the crossovers. The the wires off the tweeters connect to the crossovers.

I am happy with the initial results. We will see how things hold up as I will be putting some miles on the bike next week.

Let me know if you have any questions to my particular install. I would like to say thanks to the people who posted all the great info in the DIY Save $$$ thread who gave me the courage to do the install.

Attached Thumbnails Question on Flush Mounting Tweeter???-rider-view.jpg   Question on Flush Mounting Tweeter???-side-view.jpg   Question on Flush Mounting Tweeter???-crossovers.jpg   Question on Flush Mounting Tweeter???-connector.jpg   Question on Flush Mounting Tweeter???-connectors.jpg  

Old 05-27-2009, 05:14 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

the hogtune tweeter pods all the way. they look factory, or what the factory should have installed, easy to install, and plug and play. no splicing, correct impedence, everything is so well thought out. and they really brighten up the mids and highs a bunch. fantastic sound with even just the factory speakers with the addition of the hogtunes pods. can't wait to upgrade the main speakers too. but i'm sooo impressed with the pods.