Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stock exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 01:45 PM
armyof1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock exhaust

hey guys, what is a good cheap inexpensive modification i can do to the stock exhaust to get a better tone and breathe a little better and is there a cheap stock airbox mod to do as well? just got her so wifey wont let me spend big money on these things for the next couple months? thanks

Old 05-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by armyof1
hey guys, what is a good cheap inexpensive modification i can do to the stock exhaust to get a better tone and breathe a little better and is there a cheap stock airbox mod to do as well? just got her so wifey wont let me spend big money on these things for the next couple months? thanks
If you just got her, ride it for a while to make sure you don't just like it stock.

Do a search there are thousands options.

Here are a couple inexpensive ideas:

If you just add only mufflers you do not have to have your biked EFI "flashed"

Search for "Wild Pigs" on ebay. Decent low cost mufflers.

Both www.fullsac.com and www.superflowmufflers.com do a nice job modifying your existing mufflers.

If you want the whole Stage 1 package done right (air cleaner, programming and mufflers) and for a very fair price, contact Jamie at www.fuelmotousa.com

Old 05-15-2009, 03:35 PM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by armyof1
It might be my imagination but I think mine runs better and sounds better after 1500 miles than it did brand new. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to upgrade to Stage I of some kind, but not for a little while.