Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Change in air temp = miss firing Roadking

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Deano62
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Change in air temp = miss firing Roadking

I am hoping someone may be able to help me. Ive been dealing with this some time now. My 04 Roadking (EFI) with a recently remapped PC III runs ruff when i get to a cool area. Riding over a river on a bridge that I can feel the air temperature is lower....my bike runs bad. It starts missing and I think one cylinder is actually cutting out. That all happened to me last night. Also on the way home last night when I rode into a lower area in a valley (cooler air) it would do the same thing miss fire..sounds like it running out of gas (or maybe too much gas).

This morning was going to ride it to work, pulled it out of garage, warmed it up for 3 minutes. Pulled out of driveway and it ran like it was on one cylinder..had to turn around and park it.

Anyone have any ideas? Last night I talked to the lead mechanic at the Harley dealer and asked him about the air intake sensor. I asked what the failure mode is for this sensor and if it could be calibrated. He told me the intake air sensor wouldnt cause this!! He told me actually people could take the sensor off or disconnect and not notice a difference in the way the bike ran.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Deano