Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caught a stranger sitting on my bike! Wrong move!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 01:07 PM
HDSAE60
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

offend the security system once after you set it. seems to make it less tolerant to movement. just i.m.o.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Pacodelahoya
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I view my possesions like this.

I work, hard, for everything I own. You might say that I have traded portions of my life in return for my possesions. You dick with my stuff, you are dicking with my life. I don't view these things as inanimate objects, but as part of my life. I have a bad temper, and my fuse get's shorter as I get older and meet more self absorbed aholes on a daily basis.

Bail is not cheap, I hope to never catch someone uninvited on my bike, truck, in my house etc.

Anyone that thinks it is no big deal must be either wealthy or have no sense of self worth.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:26 PM
skunk237
Cruiser

This is wild guys... Over the Memorial Day weekend me and some friends went up to the the Finger Lakes in NY for our annual Winery Tour... Stopped at a winery we had not been to before, Just happened to be 3 tour busses of towel heads there, (excuse me people from India,,,,,) looked out the window and one SOB was taking a pic of his girl sitting on my buddys 2009 Road Glide,,,, AND she had his helmet on... Well needless to say we hightailed it out there and they ran I mean RAN to the bus... Another one went to touch the bike beside mine and I told him not to cause the guy who owns it would break his fingers,,, and I would hold him while he broke them... These people have NO REPSECT for other peoples property.... Then I asked him for his car keys cause I wanted to sit in HIS car and check it out... Guy just looked at me dumfounded... Probably only owns a camel>>>>>>>

Skunk237

Old 06-03-2009, 06:33 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

you did the right thing trying to keep your cool i agree i would not like it either

ride safe

Old 06-03-2009, 06:34 PM
KopperTop
Road Captain

Originally Posted by titomalu
Sorry, but lighten up a bit. It's just a bike. I agree it pisses one off, but I don't think it's such a major thing to beat people up, etc..
Sorry Titty, I deal with a lot of people and most don't deserve to breathe the same air as decent folk, which are few and far between. I have no problem with thinning the herd and if the first cut is people-who-sit-on-other-peoples-bikes, then so be it. Next up is tailgaters...

Old 06-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRider2002
Its funny how some people don't think its a big deal to sit on a bike. Its like jumping in a convertible with the top down to see how the seat feels. I've had people ask me before to sit on it, or let their kid sit on my bike, etc, but never just had someone take it upon them selves to have a seat!
At lunch today, I let a little 2 - 3 yr. old boy sit on mine because of the way he was looking at bike when he came out of restaurant.

Don't understand anyone just walking up and plopping down on someone else's bike. Especially when it's parked off the street. SHEESH!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 06:58 PM
badherb
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A$$hole probably went to your house to sit on your old lady just to see if it was cool.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:19 PM
swirvin1234
Advanced

I used to live in St. Aug and feel for your frustration. The tourist's think that everything's free game and treat it like there own. I caught myself screaming at tourists on a regular basis especially around the beach. Localism is still alive there and this is case and point in my opinon.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Alabamaslammer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by rh8234
I rode my Ultra to my grandson's little league game about a week ago and as I was parking it, a young mom with her kid were standing near by. She told the kid he could get on the bike and she'd take his picture. The kid's grandpa happened to be there and he immediately said - "NO YOU CANNOT GET ON THE BIKE". After parking, I visited with the old guy (about my age - LOL) and he was telling me about all the bikes he had when he was a kid. I eventually did pick the kid up and put him on the bike for a photo, but I did tell him to never just walk up and touch somebody's bike without first getting permission from the owner.
Congradulations and you sure are starting out with a beautiful family

Old 06-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Scooter68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my day,my old man would have whipped my A$$,just for throwing a ball so close to someones nice stuff.
A hugh plus one to this. My old man whipped my **** for playing around his vette when I was younger, and I never really understood, I was afraid to go near the car but didn't really understand till I got older with my own toys. I never that I know of had anyone sit on my ride yet and hope I don't catch anyone doing so as for what may happen to the perp.

Quick Reply: Caught a stranger sitting on my bike! Wrong move!