Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caught a stranger sitting on my bike! Wrong move!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Caught a stranger sitting on my bike! Wrong move!

I rode my bike to work this morning. Our office is located on a small street in the Historical District of St. Augustine Florida. I park my bike right outside my window on our private sidewalk.
I look out the window and see this girl sitting on my bike while her male companion and a few other friends were taking pictures!!!
I flew out the door and politely told her to get off my bike. At this point, her buddy decides he wants to "act the bad ***" and start running his mouth. Bad mistake especially since at this point he is on private property. He was all talk and was not willing to make the first move. Smart on his part in two ways. 1 aggrevated assault charges on him and 2, he would have needed an ambulance!

Within about a minute...the cops show up.. One of my co-workers knew I was LIVID and thought that I would have started some chit and made the 911 call as I was out the door. This was the right move on his part I think.
We have been a local company for many years here and are friends and know all thew LEO'S.
They were just tourist and oblivious to the fact that you do not touch someones pride and joy...not to mention sitting on it!
We have tourist that walk down our street all the time. Some will stop and look at the bike, some could care less...but this?? Damn WTF?

The cop gave them a good ole fashion dont touch other peoples stuff/dont trespass scolding. No damage was done to the bike. I looked for high heel scratches REAL well. I did not want to take it any further. They got the point!!
In all my years of having bikes, I have never had this happen..Atleast not that I was aware of or saw take place. They knew someone had to have been watching...ther are windows all over our office!!
idiots!!
Below is a picture of our office and where the bike was parked.

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 03-01-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Foul language removed by moderator.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:23 AM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Its funny how some people don't think its a big deal to sit on a bike. Its like jumping in a convertible with the top down to see how the seat feels. I've had people ask me before to sit on it, or let their kid sit on my bike, etc, but never just had someone take it upon them selves to have a seat!

Old 06-02-2009, 10:32 AM
2K1FLHPI
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. I am getting angry just at the thought of someone pulling that crap with my bike while I'm at work. I'm going to check on it right now.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:33 AM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

The audacity of some people...

Old 06-02-2009, 10:38 AM
crfranklin65
Tourer

People don't realize what seems harmless to them can easily result in damage like a heel dragged across a saddle bag lid and scratching the paint. You just don't touch other people's property. Period.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Road Ranger
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Strangers never a chance...I would be out the door in a flash as I'm sure you were. I may not have been so calm about it, especially when the young punk started mouthing off...kids these days have no respect for anything! I would say you handled the situation well.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:41 AM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,950 Likes on 8,438 Posts

Getting all bent outa shape and maintaining a cool head about it will usually end with the same result. Getting the person off the bike without shoe scuff marks on the tank or seat.
Actually, you could have been run up with assault charges by blowing out there in a rage if that's what you did.
Yeah, our bikes are our pride and joy, but they are only iron and plastic. The person who damages it would have to pay.
If you just want to vent on someone then, well there's your opportunity. Lots of other reasons also, I.E. I said pass the salt, not the pepper!!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Pork-Chop
Road Master

last guy who tried to do that to my bike got a beat down cause he got smart too

Old 06-02-2009, 10:48 AM
08HD
Road Captain

Maybe because it's a Historical District, that they assumed your Harley was a "HISTORICAL ARTIFACT"

Old 06-02-2009, 10:49 AM
rh8234
Elite HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

I rode my Ultra to my grandson's little league game about a week ago and as I was parking it, a young mom with her kid were standing near by. She told the kid he could get on the bike and she'd take his picture. The kid's grandpa happened to be there and he immediately said - "NO YOU CANNOT GET ON THE BIKE". After parking, I visited with the old guy (about my age - LOL) and he was telling me about all the bikes he had when he was a kid. I eventually did pick the kid up and put him on the bike for a photo, but I did tell him to never just walk up and touch somebody's bike without first getting permission from the owner.

Quick Reply: Caught a stranger sitting on my bike! Wrong move!