Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel leak on '99 fuel injected RK

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 03:50 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tgarrett1
Mine are stock there what the parts manual showed.
jdreed520 are yous different? You ride a 1999 Ultra wonder why they wouldn't be the same..
Mine looked like a compressor quick disconnect....with a flat nut up close to the tank........

and yes his EFI is the older model MM.....i got rid of mine because it was starting to have issues......and went to a carb.....but the fuel lines are still the same...I will look up the number and let you know...later....I had just replaced mine about a year ago.....keep in mind this EFI had idle issues and if it starts just go to a carb.......

Old 07-02-2009, 06:12 PM
jdreed520
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked at the ones i pulled out and i looked in the parts book......I guess i used the ones out of a 2000. they were 29.90 each.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Anezangl
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tgarrett1's sketch is purrty good as to how the little beast look. They are "Stock" items for the M&M type EFI used in 99' and 00'. When you buy them you should also receive "stock" in the motor company! The tank is also set up for the two line M&M system, I was told it will not work on the one line quick disconnect Delphi type EFI due to some sort of high / low level thing-a-ma- bobs inside the tank over the two female inserts. BUT! I did recently see a Delphi EFI style after market system specifically made for this problem that converted over to one line ( I think) and one 50mm lung. It was either in American Bagger or Hot Bike Bagger or one of the many other mags I get. Geez, getting old and can't remember which. If I can remember when I get home I'll find the issue and post it.

Old 07-06-2009, 02:56 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 796 Likes on 607 Posts

The two line system is what i have on my EFI 1998 MM road king.
BOTH lines screw into the tank and then both lines are held to throttle body with a c-type clip.
The picture shown with arrow is "STOCK" Harley part.
There is an O-RING on the screw side of hose that is NOT replaceable because access is one-way..once assembled you are no longer able to see or separate and it will leak at the arrow location. If you remove tank it is best to remove with hoses attached. (Disconnect at throttle body)
There is a new part # or replacement/update..it is more expensive..the old part number is cheaper IF dealer has it.
For my bike the numbers used. 1998 road king classic : please double check for yourself.
high pressure #61470-95
low pressure #61471-95
1-for replacement you need a cheap c-clip / locking clip remover tool..less than $10 at auto part.
2-drain gas
3-loosen one bolt at rear of tank (torx?)
4-loosen two bolts at front of tank and stick towel under front of tank to raise an inch or two.
5-remove two clips on throttle body.(these hold fuel hose)
6-remove hoses from tank
7-reverse process.
check online places like chicago hd, surdyke hd , zanotti hd for 20% off and no tax.
other option is to check the JP catalog.
The most difficult part is draining the gas tank and remember to purchase extra clip just in case the one you remove flies away.
*official name for ring is retaining ring part number 11150 need two
** o-ring fitting upper 27237-95 two are needed and i think package comes as two
***0-ring center 27244-95 two are needed and i think package comes as two
****OR you can purchase a kit that brings ALL the o-rings for induction module #17043-95 and some extra retaining rings 11150.
It will take about two hours working slowly and having correct torx socket bit with extension , retaining ring plier and parts available.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:20 PM
Anezangl
Cruiser

The April 2009 issue of Hot Bike Baggers has the tech article on the after market Delphi single lung style throttle body conversion. But, I was wrong, it is a 48mm body and still has both the lines. The kit requires those with the M&M EFI to cut off their existing fuel line ends and braze them to the new hose bib fittings. I guess those of us with the 2 line system are just stuck with it short of a new tank etc....................the suggestion above to remove tank w/ lines still attached and make the break at the throttle body is probably a good one unless you have $350 extra just laying around.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:53 AM
tgarrett1
Cruiser

I did have the tank off last summer and no problem till this spring... Although it hasn't leaked for 6 days and counting (haven't started it up yet this morning)!