Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satellite Radio Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by scottdoege
Monstermile, where did you get the starmate for $39.99 with three months prepaid service? That's a good deal?

Here is a post I made about that. Clickity-Click

Old 08-29-2009, 07:43 PM
dogpig66
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RodgerF
dogpig66,

That's the same XM receiver I have. Which mount did you use, do you have any pics of your setup? Any trouble with vibration.

Thanks

Rodger
Pioneer xmp3 with Ram Mount

Attached Thumbnails Satellite Radio Suggestions-dsc00879.jpg  
Old 08-31-2009, 02:37 AM
RodgerF
2nd Gear

Thanks for the link and the pics. Consider your setup cloned!!

Thanks again

Rodger

Old 08-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Dougger
Cruiser

I have the Garmin Zumo 550, includes the XM with the GPS. Very pleased with the double use at the same price as one HD unit.
Unit comes with Ram mounting for the bike and a suction cup mount for the auto, including all the wiring

Old 08-31-2009, 04:21 PM
AndrewMichaelZ
Advanced

Originally Posted by Heath
I have the same setup with sirius and have gone thru 3 radios. Apparently the vibration has loosened the antenna connection in the radio itself, not the mount. I'm on my 4th and I stepped up to a stratus 5 and so far it's holding out. If the XM's have no problem, I may switch if it happens again.
Same here. Just moved onto my second one. Good to see the tip about opening her up and resoldering.

Old 09-01-2009, 02:20 PM
smittydog27
Advanced
Default Sirius on a Road Glide

Sorry, I do not have pics so you will have to use your minds eye on this one. I have not seen it set up on anyone else's RG, but it works GREAT for me.

Ok, I used the front of the handlebar mount (from the Sirius Motorcycle Mount) and attached it to the front of the left glove box with three bolts/washers/nuts. For the vibration, I zip tied the unit around the mount-this keeps it in place and I do not remove it.

The antenna is running up to the top of the glove box and is secured with wicked stick velcro. I used the car antenna-it seems to be able to pull a better signal. Coiled up excess wire and zip tied-is now in left side glove box.

The power supply is directly beloew and I use the cig lighter. Coiled up excess wire and zip tied-is now in left side glove box.

The AUX plug runs up to the left side of my handlebars and is routed over the front of the gauge assembly (I used a loose zip tie on the clutch cable area-where it is zip tied to handlebar) to the AUX port on the HK unit. This allows the handlebars to move and not interfere with the wire.

For rain, I use the standard cover supplied by sirius. (also a baggie will work). Unit only gets wet if I am sitting still.

This is a good set up afor me and is not a distraction hanging off my handlebars and I can still see and select stations safely. I have used this for two years now.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:36 PM
Dennis Calderone
6th Gear

Originally Posted by AndrewMichaelZ
Same here. Just moved onto my second one. Good to see the tip about opening her up and resoldering.
I'm having a problem with vibration ruining mounts or radio. On my last bike I had a Sportster 5 and went through 5 radios before Sirius said they wouldn't replace anymore under warranty. I used a Sirius mount and the vibration just kept killing radios. When I got my current bike I bought a Lynx. I have a lifetime subscription. This radio is fine, but I just replaced the cradle for the second time. I won't zip tie it because I use it in my car.