Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a little advice about Gerbing Heated Gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 10:45 AM
cfmii11
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a little advice about Gerbing Heated Gear

Well, I finally broke down and bought a pair of G3 heated gloves for this coming winter. I have arthritis in my hands and am sure this will help in cold weather riding conditions. I get the jacket liner before cold weather sets in.

I have a question regarding locations where and how to mount the permanent dual temperature controller? I thought this would be the best set up but maybe I should have considered the portable ones.

Any advice and pictures of your installations will be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Charlie

Old 08-29-2009, 11:09 AM
craigcrewcheif
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I mounted a Gerbings dual temp controller directly on the dash to the left of the ignition. As you can see on the attached picture. No pics of the install. Not to hard about hour and a half.

Attached Thumbnails Need a little advice about Gerbing Heated Gear-dsc_0197.jpg  
Old 08-29-2009, 12:00 PM
cfmii11
Road Master

Nice install and location but I have an Ultra, those switches are used. I was thinking maybe the left side cover or mounting a switch plate under the seat where the Harley adjustable back rest mounts. Did anyone mount these switches somewhere like that?

Old 08-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

It means drilling a coupleb holes, but perhaps a good place would be on the right side, in about the same position as the cigarette lighter thats on the left?

That would keep it out of sight and mind unless you are needing it.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:34 PM
cfmii11
Road Master

Trail,
That spot looks pretty good. I looked at the switch inserts but there is not enough room.
I could get them in left side cover pretty easy. I'm going to pull off the outer fairing and take a peek this week.

Last edited by cfmii11; 09-01-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:39 PM
dgriffith
Road Warrior

I put the dual controller in my left coat pocket, with the ***** pointed up. I can take my fingers and adjust the temps pretty easy with the gloves on. The single wire from the battery comes out from under the seat in the front between my legs. It makes it easy to connect when mounting the bike.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:30 PM
UALCapt
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mounted two permanent temp controlers on the dash of the Glide with one plug under my seat, and the other under the pillion. Heated clothing is the best motorcycle investment I've ever made.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:26 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

If the inside portion of the switches aren't too deep, you could mount them in the two blanks on this switch housing.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:03 AM
cfmii11
Road Master

I thinking the best spot might be where trail said, on the lower right side of the inner fairing. The switch housing looks good but I don't have any blanks. There is not enough room on the outside of the right/left switch either.

To those that have them, do you fiddle with the temp control a lot? If I need to get at it all the time it will definitely make a difference where I mount them.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Rick06
Tourer

I have the dual portable controller on my Road King. Mounted it on the tank console right in front of the seat with double adhesive velcro. Battery pigtail connector comes out under the seat and plugs into the controller. ***** point to the left so can be easily adjusted.
All of it is easy to remove in the summer when not used.

Quick Reply: Need a little advice about Gerbing Heated Gear