Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a little advice about Gerbing Heated Gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:47 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Your going to just love yourself. Just got to love this stuff in the cold weather.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Buzzsaw
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cfmii11
I thinking the best spot might be where trail said, on the lower right side of the inner fairing. The switch housing looks good but I don't have any blanks. There is not enough room on the outside of the right/left switch either.

To those that have them, do you fiddle with the temp control a lot? If I need to get at it all the time it will definitely make a difference where I mount them.
It depends on what type of riding you are doing, I find Highway and Highway speeds I keep it cranked up a bit and when I get into town and slowed down, will have to turn it down to keep from getting too hot.

I love the stuff, had it for 10 years. When the winter comes plug it in plug it in. I bought mine directly from a local Gerbing rep, he recommends making sure the controller can feel the outside airtemp. Thus with my portable, I clip it to my jacket belt. A good freind has his perm one mounted like the pics someone else posted. I think the opposite from the lighter would probably also work well. Be great to see pics of what you finally do, I am considering going to bike mounted unit also and keeping the portable for the wife. (If I can ever get her to ride when it is cold out)

Old 09-03-2009, 08:11 AM
cfmii11
Road Master

Anyone have any pictures of installs?

Old 09-03-2009, 08:45 PM
paco ritter
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I, too, am interested and would like to see pictures of various installs. I have the HD heated gear (made by Gerbing) on order from my local dealer. I have a $400 gift card and am waiting for the Labor Day sale this weekend. With all combined, I shouldn't be out but a couple hundred bucks for the gloves, pant liner, jacket liner, and duel controller.

After reading these post, looks like I'm going to search for a way to hook the controllers to the handlebar area or inner fairing and stub out the battery lead between the tank and seat.

My only question is this: Are the controls weather proof if I choose to mount them on the bike? I ride almost year round now and with the heated gear, I hope to pickup those months that I do not ride now. I want to mount the controls where they are easy to get to but need to be sure they are water proof. Any suggestions??

thanks, PACO

Old 09-16-2009, 12:03 PM
cfmii11
Road Master

Well I just finished my install and decided to mount the dual controller on the lower right side of the inner fairing.
I took a couple of pictures, it was a pretty easy install.
I mounted the switches with the led lights below the switch itself.
After the install, I wish I put the led's to the side of the switch because they are hard to see here I have them.

I hope this helps anyone else doing the Gerbing dial controller install,
Charlie

Attached Thumbnails Need a little advice about Gerbing Heated Gear-dsc02514.jpg   Need a little advice about Gerbing Heated Gear-dsc02519.jpg  

Last edited by cfmii11; 09-17-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:29 AM
jgreg65
Road Master
Received 199 Likes on 36 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cfmii11
Well I just finished my install and decided to mount the dual controller on the lower right side of the inner fairing.
I took a couple of pictures, it was a pretty easy install.
I mounted the switches with the led lights below the switch itself.
After the install, I wish I put the led's to the side of the switch because they are hard to see here I have them.

I hope this helps anyone else doing the Gerbing dial controller install,
Charlie
Thanks Charlie,

I'll be following your lead and do the same thing on my Eglide next week. Thanks again for the pics

BTW where did you bring the plugs out to connect to?

Last edited by jgreg65; 12-27-2009 at 06:35 AM.