Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wife can't stand footboards-Suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Wife can't stand footboards-Suggestion?

I'm missing out on some great riding time with my wife because the vibration from the RKC's footboards puts her feet to sleep after just a few minutes on the road.

I called tech support at Kuryakin and they suggested trying these adjustable pegs. I'm wondering whether anyone here has used them and how their passenger felt about them?

I really want to take her with me but the problem is bad enough she can't ride for longer than 10 minutes. I'd appreciate any comments or opinions on this problem and the adjustable passenger peg from Kuryakin.

thanks.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=harley&ci=2409

Old 06-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Wife can't stand footboards-Suggestion?

I looked at the K products but bought the HD Streamliner boards...they have the shock absorbin insert the main boards have....moma loves em

Old 06-13-2006, 09:35 PM
Maniac
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought that you were just going to have her wrap her legs around your waist from now on?

Old 06-13-2006, 09:43 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Cool Dog

I thought that you were just going to have her wrap her legs around your waist from now on?
That usually happens when we pull off the road...but when thats over we need to ride again!

What I dont' know is whether I can get her hands from around my neck if I take another ride with you again on our anniversary. J/K!

Old 06-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Tiffy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wiskers, Maybe buy her a good pair of riding boots. The soles on proper riding boots are far better than other types of boots that she may be wearing and this will probably help.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Tiffy

Wiskers, Maybe buy her a good pair of riding boots. The soles on proper riding boots are far better than other types of boots that she may be wearing and this will probably help.
That is something else we were also thinking about and we'll be looking for some good riding shoes for her this week. Has your passenger ever commented on how well they helped?

Old 06-13-2006, 09:51 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,003 Likes on 1,731 Posts

My wife asked me to put them on so she could raise her legs up. She loves them. Don't know about helping with vibration though. They look cool too

Old 06-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Tiffy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whiskers, give the good riding boots a try. My wife had the same vibration problem bothering her feet. I bought her a pair of riding boots and it made all the differance in the world. She no longer has any bothersome vibrations coming from the floorboards. Try to get her the riding boots and not the passenger boots because they are made with better soles.
Good luck!

Old 06-13-2006, 10:00 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I have them on my 06 EG Classic. My wife loves them. Quick and easy installation too. Mind you they only have 2 riding positions but that is not a big deal. My wife uses them in the full forward position. Proper footwear also helps. I got mine on eBay and that seems to be the cheapest I have found.

Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HARLE...QQcmdZViewItem

They are worth the $$$$$. Go for it. Just be absolutely sure they will fit your model. You can get that info from the link you have in your post.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:03 PM
wldhogn
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my Road Glide and my wife loves them. As a matter of fact, she loves them so much she's talked them up to the wives of all our riding buddies and they now have them. I think it's a great design .. and when not in use, you just tuck them away in the rear position. Here's a photo of them tucked away: Adjustable Foot Rests They lock in 3 different positions (1 is not practical) 2 and 3 are useable and then when I'm on the highway pegs she puts them all the way forward and can really stretch out.

Quick Reply: Wife can't stand footboards-Suggestion?