Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ez up center stand ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Popsflhtc
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ez up center stand ?

Have been considering installing the "ez up " center stand.
I am wondering about clearance issues as I have droped the back of the scoot 1 ".
Oil change issues?
I saw this up at Street Vibrations in Reno but am still on the fence.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:53 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 509 Posts

stock ultra im 240 and wifes a big girl too only hit it once 2 up on a speed bump. makes oil changes easier.think u would hit floorboards first when knee draggin.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:55 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 509 Posts

it will roll off fairly easy if u park it nose down. put a piece of plywood under it and u can roll the wheels for easy cleaning.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:24 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

With a lowered suspension you will need to order the correct one, I would contact Wheeldock ahead of ordering. And by the way, it is great for cleaning purposes and tight parking but make sure it is uphill a bit so it doesn't roll off. And i'll kiss anyone's azz if they can get my bike on the stand while still on the bike! Had it for a year and nobody has been able to do it yet. No big deal tho, it's simple from the side. I have hit bottom a few times with it, the one I remember was on a tight downhill turn, that was a bit scarey.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:42 PM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 411 Likes on 219 Posts

"And i'll kiss anyone's azz if they can get my bike on the stand while still on the bike! Had it for a year and nobody has been able to do it yet."

evidently I didn't quote this part right. The above was not my comment, the below was my response to someone else.

On my '03 ultra there is about 2" of area to attach the stand
reposition the stand on the frame tubes to get a different pivot point.

Last edited by 1plumr1; 10-30-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:55 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I like mine a lot.
I've touched it down lightly while cornering only when the rear wheel dropped into a depression in the road. Also on a speed bump with the Mrs on the back. Go slow and it won't happen.
Won't roll off if flat or slightly uphill.
I put mine up while on the bike every time. Deploy the kick stand just in case, stand up on the lever and it's up.
Can't be repositioned on the frame.
Needed a J&S jack because it's wide enough to span the hinge point on the stand. I use a 3/4" piece of wood on the front rail of the jack.
A 3/8" piece of plywood under the stand will raise the rear wheel off the ground.
They are made in sizes to accomodat lowered bikes, order accordingly.
Good luck.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:14 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I love mine. Haven't hit yet. Easy to get up on stand even when on the bike and I have lowered and extended passenger boards that are in the way. Easy to clean bike etc. Like Bigdum said, put a piece of plywood under it to get the back wheel all the way off the ground. Call Rod (owner of Wheeldock) and he will help you get the right one. Helluva nice guy!

Old 10-30-2009, 03:34 AM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 1plumr1
And i'll kiss anyone's azz if they can get my bike on the stand while still on the bike! Had it for a year and nobody has been able to do it yet.

reposition the stand on the frame tubes to get a different pivot point.
Explain please, did you change the stock location? I put it up on the stand while on the bike everyday, now a metric center stand thats tough to do, but doable.

Lowered bike mmm not sure I would want the stand, I can get my stand to touch every now and then not often though, I would imagine if your bike is lowered you would have more of a problem. I really like having it makes cleaning the wheels easy with a block of wood to lift the rear, makes oil changes easier, takes up less space in the garage, sitting on the bike waiting for my wife is better too as I can recline on the bike and enjoy the sun.

Last edited by EricD10563; 10-30-2009 at 03:43 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:36 PM
ENTERPRISE
Tourer

the only time it drags is when you are going right.if it is lowered you will drag all the time if you ride agressive.you won't hit your floor board cause the center stand hits first.plus don't forget that is a hard part,it doesn't fold up like the floor boards.standard height the conditions have to be just right to hit.still would not give it up for nothing

Old 10-30-2009, 06:51 PM
artt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lift my bike while sitting on it all the time. It's very easy.

The only time I had a problem with the center stand dragging was when I was hopping a curb and leaning to the left. I know it was a stupid thing to do and it taught me not to do that again.

Quick Reply: ez up center stand ?