Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone put a fairing on a Road King...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 08:27 PM
TMair
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightking
My wife says she wants to buy me one for Christmas. I am really looking for some answers here. I used to ride an Ultra. Is it similar? I guess what I mean, is the wind deflection ,since the fairing will have a gap between it and the headlight.
I just took a peice of one of those slip on steering wheel covers from walmart and sliped it into the gap, it actualy looks like it was made for it, if you kind of flatten it out you can slip it into the gap then when it tries to go back to its original shape it just fills in, I get little to no wind from that gap now, the only reason I say little is because I would think some gets through but I don't feel it now
I have ridden a friend of mines EG, it feels the same to me as far as ride view and coverage.
Terry

Old 11-11-2009, 08:32 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My wife says she wants to buy me one for Christmas. I am really looking for some answers here. I used to ride an Ultra. Is it similar? I guess what I mean, is the wind deflection ,since the fairing will have a gap between it and the headlight.
Hey Nightking, in looking at your blacked out King, I'm wondering how much better it would look with either black wall tires, or a nice WWW for contrast? Looks good though

Old 11-11-2009, 08:37 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TMair
I just took a peice of one of those slip on steering wheel covers from walmart and sliped it into the gap
I know that's pretty self explanatory, but is there any way you can post a close-up pic from the front? I'm likely gonna do something similar to mine once everything comes back from paint. My Woody's fairing came today, and I love it already, even though it was only placed on the bike for a few minutes before breaking it down for paint. I can't wait to give it a test ride.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:39 PM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I ordered my Dead Center some 2 1/2 weeks ago but no word on shipping yet, I rode a RK similar to mine with a fairing and mine with the stock WS, no way I couldn't tolerate the fairing, I may not take the fairing off once it is on except to wash it. When I hit 50 the 'Feel' of the wind on the road didn't seem as good as when I was 25, the WS helped but the fairing just fit the bill.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:49 PM
CarbideDude
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought a Dragonfly for my 2003 FLHR. LOVED it the first winter. Then, not so much. Later I grew to not like it at all. Compared to Glides the inner just looked cheap and out of place.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:22 PM
TMair
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cuda67bnl
I know that's pretty self explanatory, but is there any way you can post a close-up pic from the front? I'm likely gonna do something similar to mine once everything comes back from paint. My Woody's fairing came today, and I love it already, even though it was only placed on the bike for a few minutes before breaking it down for paint. I can't wait to give it a test ride.
Tomorrow is supposed to snow here in Midway, I took the bike down to my shop so I could take the outer fairing off to buff out the paint now that it has had a chance to cure, I will take photos if it tomorrow.
Terry

Old 11-12-2009, 06:54 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I really like my Woody's fairing, you get way more protection than a stock windshield, I also got the Freedom Wings which attach to the sides of the fairing and there is no problem with wind on the legs like some are complaining about.
I think it's the best of both worlds, I ride with nothing most of the time but when I'm heading out on a longer ride this thing takes all of 2 minutes to install.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:36 PM
TMair
Road Captain

Sorry thishas taken so long to get these photos for you to look at.
What I need to do is go back and fix some of the little cracks that started around the edge of the incert, perhaps I will start to look for something else to put in there.
So here is a close up of the incert, and one of the front of the bike, don't look at the junk in the back ground.
Terry

Attached Thumbnails Anyone put a fairing on a Road King...-closeup-2.jpg   Anyone put a fairing on a Road King...-front-2.jpg  
Old 11-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Nightking
Banned

Originally Posted by JonnyD
Hey Nightking, in looking at your blacked out King, I'm wondering how much better it would look with either black wall tires, or a nice WWW for contrast? Looks good though
Well, I'm about ready for tires, and plan on putting either black walls or raised white letters. On the fence. The wheels are going in my oven to be powder coated gloss black also.

Old 11-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Nightking
Banned

I think this has sealed the deal on me getting a fairing. I'm looking right now.

Quick Reply: Anyone put a fairing on a Road King...