Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone put a fairing on a Road King...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 05:34 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for the pics, TMair. I think I'll do something similar to mine once everything comes back from paint.

Old 11-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

So far, I'm loving the Dragonfly fairing I put on my bike. It's only been on a week, and I still don't have the stereo wired up yet, but I'm sold on the added wind protection. This time of year, anything that cuts the wind a little is welcome. Maybe I'll take it off next summer, but eveybody I know that has one says I won't. I guess that remains to be seen.

Dragonfly is located about an hour and a half from where I live, so I'm just going to ride up and let them wire up my fairing. I can't say enough about how nice these people are. Even though I bought the fairing used, and it's an older model, Sandra emailed me several documents to help me get it assembled and mounted on my bike. She also arranged for me to take my bike up to the shop to have the installation done properly.

before

after

Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

And I'm the one that bought the Dead Center from IndyRider above. Bob, I love that thing. It's the best option I've put on my King. That Sirius Radio really kicks it in the mountains and canyons of MT. Thanks again Bob, it was a pleasure doing business with you.

Old 11-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought the RK because it didn't have a fairing. The ones on the Street and Road Glides caused me some brutal buffeting.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:56 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

At 5'7'' with a 30" inseam, the stock windshield is like a barn door for me. I just add chrome wind deflectors and the chrome air baffle in winter, along with soft lowers when it's really cold, and I hardly get any wind on me. Heated gloves keep my hands warm just fine.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:01 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigskyhd
And I'm the one that bought the Dead Center from IndyRider above. Bob, I love that thing. It's the best option I've put on my King. That Sirius Radio really kicks it in the mountains and canyons of MT. Thanks again Bob, it was a pleasure doing business with you.
Thanks and I am glad it found a good home. Hope to meet up with you sometime.

Bob

Old 11-18-2009, 08:45 AM
tanglefootrgu
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

I received my Woodys fairing about two weeks ago, installed a stereo in it. Wired it from the accessory plug under the seat. Took it for a ride last weekend at 35 degrees. Had to turn down the heated gear I ride with when cold. Just need to add a taller windshield (I'm 6'4"). It looks good on the bike and am very happy with it. Have to meet with my painter when I get a chance to go over paint options. Will post pictures when complete.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:00 AM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I put one on my Road King also and so far I love it. But then again I can have the fairing off and the windshield back on in a couple of min. That what I love about the Road King. It's a convertible. I can change the bike in min to the mood I'm currently in.

Old 11-18-2009, 12:24 PM
tatertot
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tanglefootrkc
I received my Woodys fairing about two weeks ago, installed a stereo in it. Wired it from the accessory plug under the seat. Took it for a ride last weekend at 35 degrees. Had to turn down the heated gear I ride with when cold. Just need to add a taller windshield (I'm 6'4"). It looks good on the bike and am very happy with it. Have to meet with my painter when I get a chance to go over paint options. Will post pictures when complete.
What size shield are you running now?

Old 11-18-2009, 02:44 PM
TMair
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tanglefootrkc
IF you want to go taller then 10" windshield you might want to give Glenn a call first just to make sure you wont have any issues.
Terry

Quick Reply: Anyone put a fairing on a Road King...