Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New BOOM speakers from HD,Anyone got em?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 08:01 AM
ThaGlyde
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my dad just put them in his 07 ultra and i had to hang the phone up on him to get him to stop talking about these boom speakers over his factorys. I really didnt want to talk to him after he told me there were made for 06^ and i have a 01 glide.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:29 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by gasneed85low
my dad just put them in his 07 ultra and i had to hang the phone up on him to get him to stop talking about these boom speakers over his factorys. I really didnt want to talk to him after he told me there were made for 06^ and i have a 01 glide.
Dad's are like that. lol

Old 12-03-2009, 10:52 AM
bruce sg08
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bookmarking for the reviews. Isn't anything easy anymore, was down to 2 now another choice. LOL

Old 12-03-2009, 03:46 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

anxious to see how they compare to hogtunes or j&m speakers...

Old 12-06-2009, 02:14 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KoalaCowboy
Hey Gang...I'll have some in my scoot in the next couple of days (got 'em @ 30% off, so it was a no-brainer for me).

Once I get the scoot back from service, and do a test-ride, I'll post my review.
Well what's the consensus? I've been thinking about putting these on my X-mas list. Have a 20% HD coupon to use. I like the idea of the 2 peice design.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:45 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by bald1der
Well what's the consensus? I've been thinking about putting these on my X-mas list. Have a 20% HD coupon to use. I like the idea of the 2 peice design.
Well, in the garage they sound much better than stock...but there hasn't been a suitable chance to ride here in CO lately (dammit). I'm pretty hard-core about riding, but when the temp doesn't get above 15 degree F, even with my heated seat, I have to say 'pass' on riding.

The road-test will come as soon as I can get a day where the temp is >35 degrees F. I've not forgotten...promise!

Old 12-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Bagger Bleu
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I thought the speakers on my 10 Ultra Limited sounded pretty good. I mean it's not like I'm sitting back in the easy chair with the JBL-100's thumping away, I"m rolling down the highway on a bike.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:13 PM
KoalaCowboy
Road Warrior

Okay gang...I finally had a day where the weather was decent enought that I could kick works @$$ and bail out at 3pm so I could get a ride in!

I bought the Boom! audio speakers during the Black Friday sale @ 30% off, on the word of the Service Manager who is also a friend.

My bike, with the 103 Stage III and BUB 7 True Duals has a great sound to it; though it may be a bit louder than 'some' would care for, I do like the sound.

The stock speakers were okay, but compared to the Boom! audio speakers...A definite improvement! Cruising at 65, 70 or 75 with my volume @ ~40% was loud enough to make me grin immeasurably!!!

Could I have better audio? Yeah, but for $104.xx, this upgrade was a no-brainer for me! If you have any other items to buy, make your purchase via Chicago HD to take advantage of their 20% discount (unless you can get better elsewhere )

The treble & bass are a little better than stock, though by no means "High Definition" audio quality...

For the money, I'd do it again, FWIW

Last edited by KoalaCowboy; 12-17-2009 at 07:21 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 12-18-2009, 12:57 AM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts

I just installed them in a friends bike. Parked they sound GREAT, plenty of bass for a 5" speaker, great highs and plenty of volume, but will distort a little bit before full volume. Riding they have pretty good volume at lower setting than my JBL GTO's but distort at about 3/4 volume where as the JBL's dont distort at all. WAY better than stock speakers.

Old 12-18-2009, 03:19 AM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hog-doc
I just installed them in a friends bike. Parked they sound GREAT, plenty of bass for a 5" speaker, great highs and plenty of volume, but will distort a little bit before full volume. Riding they have pretty good volume at lower setting than my JBL GTO's but distort at about 3/4 volume where as the JBL's dont distort at all. WAY better than stock speakers.
How long was it to install the speakers?

Quick Reply: New BOOM speakers from HD,Anyone got em?