Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to mount accent lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 07:24 AM
locodude
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to mount accent lights

I've got an 09 ultra and I've got a set of electropods coming which consists of six pods and two light strips. I've been looking around the bike and I'm thinking two pods in the air cleaner and one or two in the horn cover and the strips on the bottom of the floorboards. that leaves me two pods left and I'm not sure where to mount them, I'm thinking under the tank but they would be visible and I don't want that. Where have others put theirs?

Old 12-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Knight2
Tourer

Yo LoCo! lol

Check out this dude on Ebay! I may get a ket from him but he explains where to put his!
Maybe you can get some ideas!
Good luck
Read each section good to learn where he puts them'

Wonder if it's ilegal to put a strip right along the sides of the front floorboards! I'd like that...

Pete

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-LE...Q5fAccessories

Last edited by Knight2; 12-02-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:07 PM
pled55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by locodude
I've got an 09 ultra and I've got a set of electropods coming which consists of six pods and two light strips. I've been looking around the bike and I'm thinking two pods in the air cleaner and one or two in the horn cover and the strips on the bottom of the floorboards. that leaves me two pods left and I'm not sure where to mount them, I'm thinking under the tank but they would be visible and I don't want that. Where have others put theirs?
generally you put one behind the horn.one behind airbox.four under fuel tank at each corner and the strips you would maybe put on the saddle bag rails away from moving parts
and hide your switch on the flat surface behind the engine on the frame.
and you should be good to go.be sure before you stick them on that the surface is clean and dry. i used alcohol to clean the area

Old 12-02-2009, 03:19 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

with that few pods you are going to want to put them all around the motor... to light up a motor we use 10 pods typically wiht 5 LED's per pod. To do the whole bike we use 15... on our strips we adjust with the amount of lighting... trick is to hand place and test each light. we make special brackets to get the most out of each light... it is all in the placement... the leds should only create an effect, NOT be seen... i hate it when people do rush jobs and you can see LED pods all over everything

here is a 10 pod engine kit

here is a 15 pod kit

and a chopper with our stip lights in hyper white on the polished motor and ultra white on the wheels

Old 12-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Coastiejosh
Tourer

Put the lights where people can't see the source of light.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Ultra-Rick
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Placement is critical to maximize light and keeping lights out of sight. When placing the lights, I temporally connect the lights to the battery and use masking tape to hold the lights in place until they are all where they work best.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 AM
DrunkenCynic
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Knight2
Yo LoCo! lol

Check out this dude on Ebay! I may get a ket from him but he explains where to put his!
Maybe you can get some ideas!
Good luck
Read each section good to learn where he puts them'

Wonder if it's ilegal to put a strip right along the sides of the front floorboards! I'd like that...

Pete

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-LE...Q5fAccessories
I have a kit from Joe Florida, 168 LEDs love them and get a lot of comment, net of all my bike is very visible. Recommend you get it directly from his website, not eBay