Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happens to me don't happen to anyone!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 06:51 PM
vickon
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default What happens to me don't happen to anyone!

As some of you have noticed I suffer from that too common addiction "exhaust changing", I recently bought a set of V&H duals which come with a specific right side exhaust tranny mount, so i very carefully put away my OEM bracket. I recently had a "relapse" and sold the V&H, got me a new SuperTrapp 2-1, so I sent the V&H bracket with the pipes, the SuperTrapp says to use the OEM bracket, you guessed it, lo and behold I cannot find my OEM bracket!! I've turned my house upside down searching and nothing, no bracket. None of the local dealers or techs have this bracket, understandable, it is available for $5.00 from HD but I can't get one until next week.
I have 4 days off coming up so the OL and I had plans to ride, now I'm just looking at my new pipes and the bike with no chance to ride + gettin' "not so loving" looks from the OL.
Part number for the bracket/mount is 65678-07, it's the one that mounts to the right side on the tranny and attaches via a C-clamp, bolt & nut to the pipes.

I'm really tempted to install the pipes and ride it over the week-end like this until the new bracket comes in; what do you guys think? would it damage/crack anything?

Dawg, Doc opinions, ideas or tips?

Thanks guys!

Old 02-10-2010, 07:25 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,006 Likes on 1,731 Posts

Rossiter's Harley-Davidson in Sarasota P-(941) 951-6103 and Treasure Coast Harley-Davidson of Stuart P-(772) 287-3871 is showing as having that. Might cost ya $8 more to ship it, but you should have it in a day from dealer to dealer. You might be ok without any issues by not hooking that clamp up for a short while. I just looked at the part on the bike that you're talking about.....you could make one of those brackets easy out of some angle iron.

Last edited by dawg; 02-10-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:09 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,006 Likes on 1,731 Posts

I just checked my garage and I still have the stock bracket as my D&D came with a bracket. You're welcome to it if you want it. Don't know if it would be there in time for you to salvage a ride though.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 PM
ashmarc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Do the new pipes also bolt up below the saddlebags?

If so, I wouldn't give it a second thought until the bracket comes in...I doubt you would have any issues. JMO

Old 02-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 311 Likes on 181 Posts

Well I'd be Maineultraclassic has tried em all to before finding the perfect exhaust.
D&D Fatcats!

Old 02-10-2010, 10:53 PM
user 8373900
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I would do as you planned, hell, half the brackets out there are broken anyway.

Mark

Old 02-11-2010, 04:51 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Badbagger
Well I'd be Maineultraclassic has tried em all to before finding the perfect exhaust.
D&D Fatcats!
LOL..............9 exhausts later, and yes the Fatcat is the one.

Steve

Old 02-11-2010, 05:34 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 311 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by maineultraclassic
LOL..............9 exhausts later, and yes the Fatcat is the one.

Steve
The exhaust king himself has responded lol.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:46 AM
vickon
Road Warrior

Thank you gentlemen for your replies and help, I think I'll order the bracket and ride this weekend as is. I'll definitively monitor it for any problems and take is easy on the scoot.
Hey Dawg, thank you so much for your offer deeply appreciated but I can't accept as eventually you might then find yourself in my predicament, many thanks brother!

I have to agree the best by far (performance & quality) is the D&D, the only problem I had is that being "vertically challenged" (29" inseam) I kept burning pants, rain gear and my right leg on that rear cylinder curve. I tried and tried for almost a year as I did not want to get rid of them but unfortunately I had to "fold". I tried wrapping them, even wrapping the outside (shield) to see if I could keep them.
I've gone thru the stock pipes, SE slip-ons, Rinehart 2-1, Rinehart Duals, BUB7 2-1, D&D 2-1, D&D 2-1 + falsee, V&H duals and now the SuperTrapp 2-1 so let's see how these perform.

Thanks again guys ...TIA

Attached Thumbnails What happens to me don't happen to anyone!-img_0243.jpg  

Last edited by vickon; 02-11-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:27 AM
vickon
Road Warrior

Dawg .... you, my friend, are 'DA MAN!!!
Called the number you gave me for Stuart HD, spoke to Kevin in parts, verified he does have it and is shipping it to Pompano HD where I'll pick it up tomorrow!!!!!

What would we do without this Forum and you guys? Amazin'!

Quick Reply: What happens to me don't happen to anyone!