Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on the 25 degree injectors!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 09:53 PM
redhwk44
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update on the 25 degree injectors!

Just returned from a different dealer today with my 06 RKC. They had no problem swapping out the injectors, and they got me in real quick. I drove the bike home and it runs great. But I have a question for those who know these things. When the service guy said they were done with my bike I asked what kind of changes they had to make to the ECM. He said they only changed the injectors. I mentioned that the service bulletin said something about "update the ECM calibration". He said it wasn't necessary. So my question is, is he telling me the truth?

Old 07-27-2006, 09:59 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Update on the 25 degree injectors!

They should have down an up-date to your ECM for the new injectors.

Bob

Old 07-27-2006, 10:01 PM
redhwk44
Road Master

Hey Renegade,

What kind of problems might I encounter since I don't have this update?

Old 07-27-2006, 10:19 PM
jpnelson1978
Tourer

they should download the stock map for 25 degree injectors, the one for the 8 degree injectors is different. probably doesnt change much, now you should get a pcIII or a sert and get it dynoed. if you get the sert, make sure you have the pipes and air cleaner you want, and dont plan on changing anything for awhile after cause it costs about $250 to get it dynoed. the sert changes your stock ecm so if you got a sert you wont need any download for the new injectors

Old 07-27-2006, 10:23 PM
redhwk44
Road Master

I had planned on waiting awhile to do the addons to the bike. How will it affect me without the fuel controller?

Old 07-27-2006, 10:48 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior

When my dealer changed my bike to 25 degee injectors they also did a new download. I don't understand why they did not do yours. They should at lease explain to you why they felt it was not necessary. If your bike is now running good, maybe there is a method to their madness.

Old 07-28-2006, 08:42 AM
websterdan
Tourer

Maybe, and I'm guessing. That the new 25 deg injectors have a better spray pattern with minimal increase in fuel. Thus, you may not have a problem with the heat and being lean and the new download just keeps the bike in a lean state. Keep check of your mileage and plug condition.

Old 07-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Mac57
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: websterdan

Maybe, and I'm guessing. That the new 25 deg injectors have a better spray pattern with minimal increase in fuel. Thus, you may not have a problem with the heat and being lean and the new download just keeps the bike in a lean state. Keep check of your mileage and plug condition.
You summed it up right websterdan. After the changeover to the 25's my bike ran better. No more coughing and stalling. The decel popping was reduced, but not eliminated. So it is still "factory lean." I have not checked the plugs yet (BTW, my dealer also changed the plugs with the injectors and download) but I'll bet they will be pretty light. I do see a Power Commander in my furure. But for the time being I am pleased with the way the bike is running.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:59 PM
saidin43
Cruiser

I have my 06 Roadglide in right now for the same thing, coughing and a stall or two, plus popping on decel. Getting the 25 degree inj. and am installing an PCIII on it as soon as I get it back. I know it has to be running lean, the thing goes into heat management way too easily, plus that popping has nearly gotten me killed twice due to the sudden loss of power when it happens. I'm positive once these changes are made, the bike will be running like a champ!

Old 07-28-2006, 11:02 PM
redhwk44
Road Master

Thanx Web. What you said makes sense to me, I also see a Power caommander in the not to distant future.

Quick Reply: Update on the 25 degree injectors!