Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire wearing uneven

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 08:53 PM
mech-a-nic
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire wearing uneven

My frout tire is meeting the road about 1/2" to the right of center in the. The center tread is good but the 2ed tead is contacting a little more right of center and none on the left tread. Is this ok? or normal. It rides fine and tracks stright. Am i being over worried or is there a problem? The rear tire is tracking perfect. The only reason I noticed is the "dirty" part on the tire is a little off center.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member

Originally Posted by mech-a-nic
My frout tire is meeting the road about 1/2" to the right of center in the. The center tread is good but the 2ed tead is contacting a little more right of center and none on the left tread. Is this ok? or normal. It rides fine and tracks stright. Am i being over worried or is there a problem? The rear tire is tracking perfect. The only reason I noticed is the "dirty" part on the tire is a little off center.
Really ?? Sounds like something is not right some where. Go to the Dealership right away, before the tire is ruined.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:30 PM
mech-a-nic
Tourer

I pulled the frount tire the axle and all bearings look ok....
It is not wearing uneven...yet I just noticed the contact point to the road looks a little off. A fter i reinstalled the wheel it apears a little more True to center 85 miles on it today no problem so far.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:06 PM
MarineBagger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

May or May not be true, but I have been told that this happens some time in areas where crowned roads are common. Those are the roads that are high in the center at the yellow lines and slope out board so that rain runs off. You ride holding the bike straight up and down and the tire sits on the road left of center. Right of center as you look at the bike head on.

Dylan

Old 03-07-2010, 08:58 PM
mech-a-nic
Tourer

OK that makes sence but its wearing right of center seated left of center head on.
I put 100 miles on today it seams to be better but its still about 1/4 inch off. I measured tread depth they are even accross the tire. Maby its just the way I sit on the bike?

Old 03-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Teardrop
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Doesn't sound right to me. How old is the Bike? if its still under warranty I would take it to the dealer and let them check it out. If for no other reason it will be documented if there is a problem down the road sometime.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:12 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like cupping. What year bike? Cupping is a warranty issue with the Dunlops and can be replaced by HD

Old 03-08-2010, 07:48 PM
mech-a-nic
Tourer

Originally Posted by BennieSG
Sounds like cupping. What year bike? Cupping is a warranty issue with the Dunlops and can be replaced by HD
Its a 2000 dout the dealer will handle anything. Is there a way to test if you lean to one side or the other why riding? I was told it might be how i sit on the bike. Im a big Guy 300#s any thoughts?