Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Enclosed Trailer Interior Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:19 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 316 Likes on 181 Posts

Mount a battery on the trailer and put LED lighting down both sides high and low.
I also like to be able to hang the straps where I can reach them when sitting on the bike.

Old 03-25-2010, 03:41 PM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for your ideas!
It's funny..I use to talk smack about Harley's on trailers and said I would never do it. I have learned now to "Never say Never".

Old 03-25-2010, 04:16 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I am 59 - retired Firefighter - 5'6" and had a Kendon for a few years but got tired of always getting help to load and unload...

I too at times want to trailer to a location - then ride.. I live in Central Ca - I-5 north or South and 80 East to Utah is BORING - so the trailer

two years ago, I also wanted an enclosed - but smaller than yours - ended up building a 5X8 Wells Cargo Road Force with a V-Nose, ramp and side door. I build shelfs in the V-nose for helmets and stuff and a bar underneath for hanging jackets.. Works great..

Now here is my favorite part.

Remember, I am 5/6"....

I found this guy at the Reno Street Vibrations and thought it was too good to be true - called and talked to a custom Harley builder in the Fresno area - he got two and Loved them.. I bought one (not the cheapest thing, but GREAT) and installed it in my Wells Cargo.. Now I can load my bike in just a few min ALL by my self..

Drop the door and ride it up NO STRAPS..

used the Trailer last July from Turlock, Ca to Ogden, UT with NO problems..

http://www.bikersgostrapless.com/

http://www.bikersgostrapless.com/usi...cle-clamp.html

Last edited by harley0711; 03-25-2010 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:56 PM
harley-jones
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by harley0711
I am 59 - retired Firefighter - 5'6" and had a Kendon for a few years but got tired of always getting help to load and unload...

I too at times want to trailer to a location - then ride.. I live in Central Ca - I-5 north or South and 80 East to Utah is BORING - so the trailer

two years ago, I also wanted an enclosed - but smaller than yours - ended up building a 5X8 Wells Cargo Road Force with a V-Nose, ramp and side door. I build shelfs in the V-nose for helmets and stuff and a bar underneath for hanging jackets.. Works great..

Now here is my favorite part.

Remember, I am 5/6"....

I found this guy at the Reno Street Vibrations and thought it was too good to be true - called and talked to a custom Harley builder in the Fresno area - he got two and Loved them.. I bought one (not the cheapest thing, but GREAT) and installed it in my Wells Cargo.. Now I can load my bike in just a few min ALL by my self..

Drop the door and ride it up NO STRAPS..

used the Trailer last July from Turlock, Ca to Ogden, UT with NO problems..

http://www.bikersgostrapless.com/

http://www.bikersgostrapless.com/usi...cle-clamp.html
Nice...Thanks for the lead!

Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 PM
2harleys
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have two of these in my enclosed 7X14 trailer. I have wheel chocks installed also. In my opinion, you can not buy a better and easier tie down system. Not exactly cheap, but neither is the bike you are hauling. http://www.bikersgostrapless.com/

Old 03-25-2010, 10:11 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I got a PM - anyone in the Northern/Central CA area is welcome to stop by and see this set up anytime.. Just PM for details..

Always willing to "Pay it Forward"

Old 03-26-2010, 01:15 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by harley-jones
Thanks guys! That E-Track is a good looking product.
I am planing to install a Condor wheel chock.

Has anyone built any cabinets or shelving? What did you put on the floor?

I made a "condor" like wheel chock. Best thing I did. Had those other types of chocks for awhile, but got wise and made a condor type. (Note: took all day to get it right so if your time is valuable, you might as well drop the bucks and buy one.) I believe the bike would ride without straps, but I tie off from the front down tubes and pull out about 55 degrees forward with Big Daddy power tyes. I use the tie down straps that come on the new bikes (cheap or free from dealer) and go straight out from the pass floorboard brackets to D rings in the floor.
I have towed several miles without incident. Had the trailer up on ride side wheel only once, dodging a bicycle seat in the road (darn pedal pushers) and the bike never moved. Might check out the condor like chock from Harbor Freight, not near the quality as the condor, but might be all you need, and it is cheap too!!!

Old 03-26-2010, 01:26 AM
Razorback
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

HArbor Freight has a Condor copy for $39. I just picked up 2 myself. Cupons are in all the magazines, cycle/hunting/etc.

HF Chock

Old 03-26-2010, 06:09 AM
msbhvn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the strapless system, do you remove the bar each time you unload and is there any damage to the paint on the frame?

Old 03-26-2010, 06:30 AM
JimTJr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
Even with the locking chock I would tie down bike with 4 straps, not sure which way to to interpret Leftcoaster's reply. The locking chocks are nice because you can run the bike into one & it will keep the bike steady while you tie it down, I've never tried to block the bike, not sure I like that idea, you shouldn't have any problem if it's tied down tight with 4 straps.
I have never blocked a bike, but that sounds like a great idea. I always bottomed the shocks on my dirt bikes. I know that's not the greatest way. But if you "Blocked" the frame and snugged it down onto that it would not bounce, the bike would be held tight and it wouldn't damage the suspension IMHO.

Quick Reply: Enclosed Trailer Interior Questions