Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTS tuning guide.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 09:03 AM
Lonewolf176
Road Warrior
Received 273 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatwave
All I can say at this point is that you either have your tuning software set up far differently than I do or there is a very significant difference between the functionality of TTS and SEPST.
I do believe ther are significant differences between the TTS and the SESPT. One is with the TTS I have the ablity to set some parameters for the vtune. With the SESPT when you enable the smart tune feature the program just sets it to what it wants. I am sure if you set your afr table like I have attached, zero out your ae and de tables, but not enable the smart tune and do a data log, other than when your warmup enrichment table is active you will see a straight line on your data log. Yes you will be out of closed loop and your o2 sensors will not be working but I still think your "desired afr line will be straight.

Attached Thumbnails TTS tuning guide.-sespt-afr-map.jpg  
Old 06-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

Originally Posted by Lonewolf176
I do believe ther are significant differences between the TTS and the SESPT. One is with the TTS I have the ablity to set some parameters for the vtune. With the SESPT when you enable the smart tune feature the program just sets it to what it wants. I am sure if you set your afr table like I have attached, zero out your ae and de tables, but not enable the smart tune and do a data log, other than when your warmup enrichment table is active you will see a straight line on your data log. Yes you will be out of closed loop and your o2 sensors will not be working but I still think your "desired afr line will be straight.
I think the bigger difference is comparing a 2009 bike (and earlier) vs a 2010 bike and newer. AFR Desired on the earlier bikes is a straight line reflecting the AFR values in the table. The 2010 and newer bikes use the AFR Desired line as a data log showing the difference between the actual O2 exhaust reading by the bike and the values in the AFR table. You'll note that on your table the AFR Desired metric is just the actual value in the table. In the 2010 maps (with SEPST), the AFR Desired metric is a ratio of actual AFR (in Lambda) vs the AFR value in the table.

That's why your charts show the AFR Desired as a straight line while the 2010 charts clearly show the AFR Desired as a % (actual/table value). I would always prefer an approach showing actual vs desired as opposed to an approach that just simply duplicates the values that are in the tables.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:47 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Good stuff guys! Don't see a lot of technical talk on this forum. Keep it up

Old 06-11-2010, 02:40 PM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered my TTS Mastertune yesterday....I need to follow this post.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:04 PM
scarygt
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't hear anything over the sounds of the propellers spinning in this post! LOL You two have way too much time on your hands!