Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best biker state you've been in!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 06:17 AM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by speedybrother
Back in May of this year I travelled across several states of the USA and I rate them as follows;

No.1 Colarado - breathtaking scenery, well maintained roads and great sweepers in and around the canyons (and not too many HWP people)

No.2 Utah - smooth windey roads in the high country (only saw HWP around Saltlake City).

No.3 Arizona - nice roads (but lots of HWP mobile speed cameras).

No.4 New Mexico - could rate better if there was a corner to be found, very long straights and very few HWP thankfully.

No.5 Navada - Could have been the best roads in America, except for Police intervention, we even got stopped by a Park Ranger.

No. 6 California - Roads are pretty terrible and it feels like every second person is in law enforcement, regretably a `nanny state' where fun appears to be unlawful.

Having said all of the above I honestly believe the USA is by far and away the best country in the world for a motor cycle road trip, I have done a lot of Australia and Europe and they just don't compare.

America, thanks for the memories.

Speedybrother
Sydney
Sorry mate but I have to ask, pulled over by a park ranger......for what might I ask.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:25 AM
SUPRPIG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best one is the one I'm in when I'm riding. There is a reason I go to different places which includes, the weather, season, sights, event, etc.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:39 AM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

NC but then, I'm biased

Old 09-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Sargergp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aviator
not if you lived on the edge of the Hill Country. it takes me 10 minutes to get into some of the best riding around.

of course, most are gonna say where they live.
Yep, that would help wouldn't it, San Angelo. And you're right about the Hill Country, that's the direction we always go to get some good weekend riding done. It just takes us a about 3 hours to get to the good part.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:46 PM
88racing
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as I'm riding the motorcycle.........
Anywhere is a good place to ride.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:05 PM
MSgt Rose
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the southwest (western Texas and New Mexico) is a great place to be on a bike. Generally nice weather year round and great desert views. However, there is no better place to ride than the Pacific Northwest, even considering the rain. Taking 101 down the coast through Washington, Oregon, and Northern California makes for a nice little vacation with lots to see and do.

Old 09-24-2010, 11:28 PM
mid30
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New Mexico here, no helmet laws, depending on where you live central state to southern of the state you can ride all year long. In albuquerque and I never put her away. Madrid (wild hogs movie) was filmed here and is in the middle of mountains and can beat the riding.