Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 02:03 PM
rcmlndz
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger
Is it a knock or a ping from detonation?

Also, what speed are you running in 5th and/or 6th gear when you accelerate and how hard are you accelerating?

With the higher compression, you don't want to be "lugging" the engine.

I'm actually in my shop working on my FM 107 install. Just removed the cam plate.
While doing 75 mph 6th gear or around 65 in 5th while accelerating lightly. It's a ping . One or twice

Old 02-17-2013, 02:13 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmlndz
While doing 75 mph 6th gear or around 65 in 5th while accelerating lightly. It's a ping . One or twice
I don't think you have a serious problem.

Be sure that you are running the highest octane fuel you can find at a good quality gas station (Exxon, Shell, Texaco, etc.). You're compression is now up from 9.0+/- to 10.25, so you need the octane.

Your "tune" (map) may need a little tweaking. I'm not sure which tuner you're using, but if it's a Power Commander or Power Vision, I'm sure that Jamie at Fuel Moto can hook you up with a different map, if that's the problem.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:27 PM
rcmlndz
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think you have a serious problem.

Be sure that you are running the highest octane fuel you can find at a good quality gas station (Exxon, Shell, Texaco, etc.). You're compression is now up from 9.0+/- to 10.25, so you need the octane.

Your "tune" (map) may need a little tweaking. I'm not sure which tuner you're using, but if it's a Power Commander or Power Vision, I'm sure that Jamie at Fuel Moto can hook you up with a different map, if that's the problem.
Best I can get in Lubbock area is 90 octane. I'm using a power commander v with autotune. Sent email to Keith at FM. Will wait for his answer. I have been thinking about going to power vision

Old 02-17-2013, 06:45 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

90 Octane in Texas? WOW! Wonder whats up with that? 92 occasionally 93 here in Ga & I imagine alot of it comes from there! To ease your mind ya might go to a auto parts supply & get a bottle of octane boost, just to see if it helps. Your map will definitely need tweeking. Minor issue, don't worry.

Old 02-17-2013, 07:54 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

Originally Posted by rcmlndz
Best I can get in Lubbock area is 90 octane. I'm using a power commander v with autotune. Sent email to Keith at FM. Will wait for his answer. I have been thinking about going to power vision
I'm a Lubbock resident myself and the last time I bought any gas that was 91+ octane was at the Exxon @ Indiana & South Loop and at the Flying "J" Truck-Stop. If I find any more, I'll let you know, since I'll probably need some when I finish my 107 build.

Hopefully, Fuel Moto can tweak your map enough to stop the ping. I'm running the Power Vision and it is a GREAT device!

Originally Posted by DHubbs
90 Octane in Texas? WOW! Wonder whats up with that? 92 occasionally 93 here in Ga & I imagine alot of it comes from there! To ease your mind ya might go to a auto parts supply & get a bottle of octane boost, just to see if it helps. Your map will definitely need tweeking. Minor issue, don't worry.
Lubbock, Texas is located around 3,300 above sea level so there isn't much need for fuel with an Octane rating over 90. Houston, San antonio and the Dallas-Fort Worth areas are at much lower elevations (Houston is at sea level), so those areas have gas in 92 & 93 Octanes.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:10 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

I've done an inventory of all the gaskets & o-rings that came with my 107 fuel Moto kit.

I have two o-rings that I can't identify:

One is a rather large one, which may be for the round inspection cover on the cam cover. I didn't need to separate this round cover from the cam cover, so this may or may not be where it goes.

The other one is small, with center being around 3/16" - 1/4". I have no idea where this one goes.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Old 02-17-2013, 09:12 PM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default p;icture

picture would help sounds like oil pump or base cylinder gaskets large round one for around cylinder and small one for o il drain hole from rocker boxes

Old 02-17-2013, 09:15 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

I've done an inventory of all the gaskets & o-rings that came with my 107 fuel Moto kit.

I have two o-rings that I can't identify:

One is a rather large one, which may be for the round inspection cover on the cam cover. I didn't need to separate this round cover from the cam cover, so this may or may not be where it goes.

The other one is small, with center being around 3/16" - 1/4". I have no idea where this one goes.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Was it a universal kit covering a few models?

Old 02-17-2013, 09:31 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master

Originally Posted by 2009blackpearle
picture would help sounds like oil pump or base cylinder gaskets large round one for around cylinder and small one for o il drain hole from rocker boxes
I'll try to post a picture later, but the larger one that I haven't identified yet (possibly for the cam cover inspection cover) is much smaller than the cylinder base o-rings (I've identified those) and much larger than the push rod tube o-rings (as a comparison).

The small o-ring is much smaller than the oil drain from the rocker boxes or the one that mounts on the case, where the cylinder base mates to it. The hole in the middle is only about 3/16" in diameter.

Originally Posted by soft 02
Was it a universal kit covering a few models?
The gasket & o-ring kit says that it is for all 1999 and up Harley Davidson Twin Cam Engines.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 PM
Deuuuce
Elite HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Are forged rods necessary? What would be the hp advantage with lighter rods, if any?

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto