Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by alansummrs
Your low rpm performance will suffer with the late intake closing and longer durations of the more aggressive cams like both the 555s and 777s - your cylinders will basically be under filled at low rpm and will probably feel lazy and slow to accelerate until you get your rpms up. I would not want to run this way for too long before either the BB and/or headwork that gets your compression up.

That confuses me after looking at the dyno results that are posted. I am making a peak of 86lbs tq right now. So if I change to the 5 or 7 series cams, and they are producing more tq throughout the band why would it seem lazy at lower rpms? And would it seem lazier than it does now?

Old 09-03-2013, 10:16 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I'm not trying to say that 555s wont be an improvement over stock, they most certainly will, but the area you will be suffering the most underperformance relative to what is possible with compression is the low rpm area.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:24 AM
Lancemchn
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Jamie, I'll get the info together and send it over to you again. My problems really come into play during stop and go when temps get to 300+. There is audible pinging and especially under load (passenger, tourpak and hills), even when trying to keep RPMs up, I've had up to 50 knock counts in one 30 minute ride. If the temps sound reasonable then I'll have to take your word that this is what is to be expected out of a 107. Other than the problem stated, I couldn't be happier with the power, put my buddies installed HD 110" kit to shame. :-) the pinging at 300+ is what has me concerned most. I'm looking into getting an Ultracool oil cooler to see if that helps being it down too.

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
You are welcome to email me your map and details and I would by happy to take a look. Note that running engine temp with a basic 107 build is generally in the 260-320 range, relative to conditions. Also let me know if you are getting actual detonation you can hear as well as what kind on knock events you are seeing, the key is not to eliminate every single knock event rather we want to use the system and knock control within its limitations.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:41 AM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by alansummrs
I'm not trying to say that 555s wont be an improvement over stock, they most certainly will, but the area you will be suffering the most underperformance relative to what is possible with compression is the low rpm area.
So it might feel like stock at the lower rpm's? I could live with that. If it would perform below what stock does then I think I will have to wait and amass the funds before ordering and do it all at once. .....Ideally (If I could amass enough) I would love to ride up and have Fuel Moto do the entire upgrade, but I doubt I'll be able to do that.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:09 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by Stang951
So it might feel like stock at the lower rpm's? I could live with that. If it would perform below what stock does then I think I will have to wait and amass the funds before ordering and do it all at once. .....Ideally (If I could amass enough) I would love to ride up and have Fuel Moto do the entire upgrade, but I doubt I'll be able to do that.
2nd to 3rd I would say was less response than stock but I was never in that part of the cam very long.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:19 AM
ozzie21
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Lancemchn
Thanks Jamie, I'll get the info together and send it over to you again. My problems really come into play during stop and go when temps get to 300+. There is audible pinging and especially under load (passenger, tourpak and hills), even when trying to keep RPMs up, I've had up to 50 knock counts in one 30 minute ride. If the temps sound reasonable then I'll have to take your word that this is what is to be expected out of a 107. Other than the problem stated, I couldn't be happier with the power, put my buddies installed HD 110" kit to shame. :-) the pinging at 300+ is what has me concerned most. I'm looking into getting an Ultracool oil cooler to see if that helps being it down too.
I've got 120R. I was quite concerned about the stories I've heard and read about on the 120R's overheating as well as the SE 110's. From what I read the 110's have an even more serious problem than the 120R's. My experience with my 120R FLHX has been very good. I've had no issues at all with the 120R. Very strong running and smooth. It might seem I'm being a bit **** or paranoid about over heating with the two Jagg oil coolers, Baker +1.5 oil pan and the Lenale parade fan but it's worked out very well for me. My maximum oil temperature in 95F weather has been 230 degrees.
120R Screamin’ Eagle Motor (dyno’d @ 125HP/125TQ)
Screamin’ Eagle VPC Clutch & Compensator
V&H 2>1 Hi-Output Stainless steel & ceramic coated exhaust
Legend Air Suspension
1” front end lowering kit.
Pingel Electric Shifter
Pingel Auto Shift Control Module
Dyna Shift Minder Control Module programmed for 6500 RPM automatic shifts
Baker Drivetrain +1.5 qt. oil pan
1 x 10 row Jagg horizontal fan assist oil cooler
1 x 10 row Jagg vertical fan assist 2080 oil cooler
Denale cylinder head parade cooling fan

Attached Thumbnails 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto-p1030750.jpg  
Old 09-09-2013, 12:03 AM
user 46092
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I put the Woods TW 777 in my bike and was unimpressed. I was told you need headwork and higher compression to wake the 777 up. I am literally in the middle of my 107 build (I also had my heads done)- top end will be done by Saturday if I can find time in a few days. I'll let you know. I'll be tuning with my TTS Mastertune, and before the winter I'll get it on a dyne. I'm thinking about up the game via my throttle body.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:38 AM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ctwith3
I put the Woods TW 777 in my bike and was unimpressed. I was told you need headwork and higher compression to wake the 777 up. I am literally in the middle of my 107 build (I also had my heads done)- top end will be done by Saturday if I can find time in a few days. I'll let you know. I'll be tuning with my TTS Mastertune, and before the winter I'll get it on a dyne. I'm thinking about up the game via my throttle body.
I cannot comment on the 777's without headword & compression, but what I can say is going from stock with a Stage II kit to a 107" with headwork & compression is like night & day ... !!!

Old 10-03-2013, 04:41 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

revive thread.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ozzie21
120R Screamin’ Eagle Motor (dyno’d @ 125HP/125TQ)
Seems a bit low? Fuelmoto is consistently getting similar numbers with their 107" kits?

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto