Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FLHR - help can't decide b/w Merlot sunglo and Sedona orange....

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 10:14 PM
thewholehog
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New FLHR - help can't decide b/w Merlot sunglo and Sedona orange....

UPDATE:...... have made a final decision on the Merlot sunglo after seeing it in the flesh in the sunlight and inside at the dealers. Very nice color.

Thanks to all those who posted with pics and opinions, much appreciated!!

Last edited by thewholehog; 01-04-2011 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:25 PM
Dandy1
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen to Sedona Orange out in the sunlight and it is a nice color but looks to close to a gold color for me. But it is nice and would look good with some black pin stripe maybe.
I have the Merlot Sunglo and in the sunlight it is a much different color than in the show room. Has alot of metal flake and many different colors. As you know "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" Good luck with your pic, they are both nice!

Old 12-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The orange looks good to me.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:58 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer

ordered a orange one, show the merlot in the sun at the dealer and knew it was the color for me, orange is nice but the merlot you get like 5 different colors in one depending on the light, I have people come up all the time and say they thought the bike was brown or dark and then the sun hits it and it is a totally different color, looks very custom, but its a matter of taste and these two couldn't be more different.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:59 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer

ordered "an" orange one "saw" the merlot......what the hell it is new years eve!

Old 12-31-2010, 11:03 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hows this. its very orange.

Attached Thumbnails New FLHR - help can't decide b/w Merlot sunglo and Sedona orange....-100_1481.jpg   New FLHR - help can't decide b/w Merlot sunglo and Sedona orange....-100_1482.jpg  
Old 12-31-2010, 11:08 PM
thewholehog
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dandy1950
I've seen to Sedona Orange out in the sunlight and it is a nice color but looks to close to a gold color for me. But it is nice and would look good with some black pin stripe maybe.
I have the Merlot Sunglo and in the sunlight it is a much different color than in the show room. Has alot of metal flake and many different colors. As you know "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" Good luck with your pic, they are both nice!
Yeah, thats what I have been thinking from the few pics I have seen on the net. I don't like how "bright" the orange is and like you say almost gold.... If it was just toned down a little I think it would be the perfect color.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:10 PM
thewholehog
Road Master

Originally Posted by porkchopsd
ordered a orange one, show the merlot in the sun at the dealer and knew it was the color for me, orange is nice but the merlot you get like 5 different colors in one depending on the light, I have people come up all the time and say they thought the bike was brown or dark and then the sun hits it and it is a totally different color, looks very custom, but its a matter of taste and these two couldn't be more different.
Yes, I must admit, in the showroom the Merlot/black looked very boring.... but I made the dealer take the bike out into the sunlight and it was a very different color.... almost many colors in the one like you said. I like it much better in the sunlight.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:18 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer

I love opening my garage about 8 am the light is hitting it just about right and you can see the deep red paint with gold fleck sparkling, yeah I am in love with it, I really like the orange but when I saw them both side by side I just liked the merlot a bit better, it is just less flashy, to me, kind of tricks you into thinking it is boring then you get a peek at it in the sun and wow that paint is really cool.

Old 12-31-2010, 11:29 PM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Can't go wrong with either one...the both look great. Flip a coin and win.

Quick Reply: New FLHR - help can't decide b/w Merlot sunglo and Sedona orange....