Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what did you give?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:24 AM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not unusual for dealer not to get back to you...He is playing the odds that your wanting the bike more than he is willing to take less and figures if he doesn't contact you, that you will come in with checkbook blazing...Unfortunately too many have done this before so he figures you will too...But everybody is right...Most of the dealers around here are now at MSRP and many will work with you on options and such... Look for a good deal and let him know what your doing...Internet is the way to search dealers as most have a website with their prices. Here is a prime example...Front page has many prices blazing accross the top.
http://www.hdbiketown.com/ and I'm sure your area has the same...Good luck.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:26 AM
DLW_FLHTC
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greasemonkey1
my stealer tells me that his dealership and all the surrounding dealerships mark up $1,000 over retail....so that puts my 103 streetglide at $22,500....im curious what everyone else is giving for their bikes, if any dealerships are willing to work with you and if so, how much.....
When I sold my Dyna and bought the 2007 FLHTC early in 2008 I paid right around $1K under MSRP.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:46 AM
The Old Man
Road Master

Originally Posted by Greasemonkey1
this guy told right off the bat, that both his dealership and the other dealerships around his all mark up 1 thousand over msrp......now i suggest this is his window of room for negotiating....he nocks off the grand and i think im gettin a deal, well i still feel that i need more to make myself feel like im gettin the best deal i can and justify spending that kind of cash.....the build sheet he has offered me labor at half price, but i know thats the winter rate that most dealers are offering....so i don't feel he has given me anything even if he takes that grand over retail off...if in fact he does...
An sales guy who tells you that all dealers around him are 1k over msrp is a jerk! He does not thier buisness plan. What he is telling you is don't check with them and buy here, with that lie he'ed think that I was a ghost I'dbe out of there so fast.
just check his closest compitition.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:28 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by DLW_FLHTC
When I sold my Dyna and bought the 2007 FLHTC early in 2008 I paid right around $1K under MSRP.
Very common to get 1k or more off on a previous year model once the next years models are released.
The '08 models were released in July-Aug of 2007. So, any '07 models on hand they would start discounting them.

Right now, you should get that same deal on any 2010 models.
Getting that same deal on a current year model can be done, especially during the winter months. By March-April, fewer dealers will "need" to deal as walk in traffic starts picking up for spring.

Then the cycle starts all over again with the 2012 models are released around July-Aug.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:51 AM
tshepherd
Advanced

I got a pretty good deal off a '11 Limited last night (yay me, new ride!). When you take MSRP (23,699), add freight (380), doc fee (200), and setup (350), it was tagged at $24,629. I got out the door with about $2K in parts for a touch over $24K. It's still winter here, and with over 3' of snow in the past 3 weeks and another 1-2' on the forecast, not a lot of folks looking at new rides yet. Give it 3-4 weeks and that will change and my dealer will stop discounting as they push 100+ bikes / month from March - October.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:32 AM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I paid MSRP + tax OTD for an '11 RKC back in August, I think it was that dealer's first 2011 bike on the floor, it was being uncrated when I talked with the sales guy. Now in the middle of winter you should be able to do much better.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:51 AM
Greasemonkey1
Cruiser

wtf? don't worry about what others are paying for their bike? is this not a forum to share this exact information so we all can learn from each other? it sounds to me like you are a salesman at a stealer....its not JUST about the deal...its about a relationship with a dealer of trust....there are real testimonials of people on here where people good great deals and are return customers....i'd like to know where these places are and what kind of good deals these dealers are giving...i should expect nothing less....

Old 02-01-2011, 08:19 AM
chateau
Cruiser

Any dealer should be scrambling to make a sale this time of year unless you're in Fla. or So Cal

Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 PM
drf7728
Advanced

I live in ND and they are selling for MSRP. I went 150 miles away to getno setup fee and 10% off parts for a year. We got snow ******* high for the next 2 to 3 months. I dont know were everybody gets these deals but we dont get them here.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:08 PM
humboldtsgt
Cruiser

I recently sent out emails to at least eleven different dealers requesting their out the door price on a POSE Road King with security package and cruise. I did not ask or imply that a discount was anticipated. Three returned my inquiry. Remember, the MSRP is not a published amount ("see dealer for pricing"). The dealer three hours south of me in Ukiah, Ca won my business and a chance at my loyalty. He responded same day, with 10% off base, parts and labor (doing a stage one at delivery). They waived shipping and setup ($895). I am looking at 19,620 out the door. They called MoCo and confirmed that a bike would be available for delivery at the month of my choosing. I had to choose May. I will be a wreck until then but happy with the deal and stoked about getting my first HD. One other dealer was about 3,500 more and the other waited two weeks to call and then said "It goes for MSRP".

Quick Reply: what did you give?