Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what did you give?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 09:03 PM
Greasemonkey1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what did you give?

my stealer tells me that his dealership and all the surrounding dealerships mark up $1,000 over retail....so that puts my 103 streetglide at $22,500....im curious what everyone else is giving for their bikes, if any dealerships are willing to work with you and if so, how much.....

Old 01-30-2011, 09:15 PM
hot95hog
Cruiser

Shop around Deals are out there, And I also think if all the dealers in the area have the same mark up it may be price fixing, which is against the law, Gotta hate f...ers like that

Old 01-30-2011, 09:15 PM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

With that attitude, they won't be business much longer. Dealers in my area have been dealing at MSRP for several years now. With a little dickering some throw in a few extras.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:22 PM
inverse121
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd phrase it differently, but my use of four letter punctuation would probably get me banned.
Tell him, sorry, but he must be living in the 90s and start calling around to the other dealerships.
Those days are unfortunately over.

There was a thread not too long ago where a member described how he contacted pretty much all the dealers within a days drive and got one heck of a deal on what he wanted (less than retail).

Old 01-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Greasemonkey1
Cruiser

i've got a trade in with my '09 fatboy, its a fair trade, but not fantastic..i do have also a $2,250 build sheet along with the bike, i told the stealer, ( and might i mention, this stealer just opened and this guy im dealing with is the owner ).....that he needs to shave 2 grand off somewhere to make this deal happen, this was friday evening, he told me he would call me back that afternoon and i still haven't heard from him....

Old 01-30-2011, 09:29 PM
legendzzz
Road Master

Yes there was a guy who called everyone in a certain area and gave them a Price he felt was a fair one. Some said they would get back to him and others said NO! could not do it. But he did get what he wanted and it was $19500 was the price he got it for with the items you are asking for? Good Luck

Old 01-30-2011, 09:30 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Greasemonkey1
i've got a trade in with my '09 fatboy, its a fair trade, but not fantastic..i do have also a $2,250 build sheet along with the bike, i told the stealer, ( and might i mention, this stealer just opened and this guy im dealing with is the owner ).....that he needs to shave 2 grand off somewhere to make this deal happen, this was friday evening, he told me he would call me back that afternoon and i still haven't heard from him....
Call Yeagers in Sedalia or if you can travel a bit more call Topeka Harley. I just bought mu 11 Ultra Limited in Topeka under MSRP and got treated very well on my trade.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:33 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well I am about 30 miles south of you and just starting my search for a new SG. Lots of dealers around to compare with. I ended up over in Paducah when I bought my current bike as they gave me the best price.
Who you dealing with now?

Old 01-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Greasemonkey1
Cruiser

bootheel, the guys down there seem really nice, and i'm giving them a chance to work me up their best deal.....kind of pissed he didn't get back with me like he said he would....i was hoping since they just opened they would be willing to make some good publicity for themselves, i bought my last bike up at surdykes, and will never go there again.

Old 01-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Cme2c
Tourer

Got my new '11 StreetGlide with PowerPak for $2000 under MSRP with no trade-in. No dickering required. Baxter's HD in Gallipolis Ohio. This was back in October.

Quick Reply: what did you give?