Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what did you give?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 04:11 AM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If a dealership is asking more than MSRP for a new bike and they are willing to lose a sale by not coming down then I personally wouldn't buy from that dealership. With the economy the way it is, these salesmen should be doing everything reasonably possible to get you on a new bike and if you're not getting that vibe, take your business elsewhere.

Old 01-31-2011, 06:38 AM
george liles
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

You talk to Blue Springs HD? I saved enough to drive 7 hrs round trip the week before Christmas.

George

Old 01-31-2011, 07:06 AM
Chaffeekid
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Greasemonkey, if you make a deal with Bootheel, say Hi to Mindy for me. I bought my Ultra Classic from them and let them have my old 96 (year) electra glide. I think I got a good deal and I really like the service I have received from them. And you are right they are super friendly and that says a lot in today's world.
In any case,
Ride Safe, Road Hazards are EVERYWHERE!

Old 01-31-2011, 07:09 AM
crashin
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Greasemonkey1
bootheel, the guys down there seem really nice, and i'm giving them a chance to work me up their best deal.....kind of pissed he didn't get back with me like he said he would....i was hoping since they just opened they would be willing to make some good publicity for themselves, i bought my last bike up at surdykes, and will never go there again.

Drive up to KC, I bought my last one at what is now Rawhide Harley for less than MSRP. I called Mid-America in Columbia they stated over the phone that they could do less. St. Joe said the same. I've heard rave reviews at Gail's Harley Davidson at about the same price ranges.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:11 AM
crashin
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by george liles
You talk to Blue Springs HD? I saved enough to drive 7 hrs round trip the week before Christmas.

George
I paid over MSRP on my first Harley at Blue Springs. My second bike I decided to give them a chance but walked out when they flat out refused to give me an honest price on a bike. They did the old "What kind of payments do you want?" crap.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:13 AM
Greasemonkey1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@ chaffeekid, nice lookin ultra classic..and Mindy is who i initially spoke with, and now dealing wit Rob....just curious.....did you pay over the msrp?

Old 01-31-2011, 07:19 AM
Greasemonkey1
Cruiser

im hoping the best for this new dealership...but if they want to make a couple grand off every bike they sale....theyre not gonna sale many bikes...seems like some dealerships would rather sell only 2 bikes a week and make a killing off those 2 bikes, rather than selling 20 bikes, make a couple hundred dollars, and then make loyal customers that will come buy all the extras.....i have no loyalty towards any dealership at this point...bottom line is its all about the bottom line...if i have to drive to kc, then i just make a road trip.....

Old 01-31-2011, 08:34 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by Greasemonkey1
im hoping the best for this new dealership...but if they want to make a couple grand off every bike they sale....theyre not gonna sale many bikes...seems like some dealerships would rather sell only 2 bikes a week and make a killing off those 2 bikes, rather than selling 20 bikes, make a couple hundred dollars, and then make loyal customers that will come buy all the extras.....i have no loyalty towards any dealership at this point...bottom line is its all about the bottom line...if i have to drive to kc, then i just make a road trip.....
I couldn't get a deal in K.C. on my last 2 bikes. They have way too much overhead, just look at the dealerships. If you are going to travel that far I suggest you travel a little more and talk to Eli at Topeka Harley. No BS from this guy and no big dealership mentality like the shops in K.C. I guarantee you he can beat any price you will find in K.C.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:46 AM
upstater
Novice

Here is my experience in the Albany NY area. Visited three dealers. Only one had a Road Glide Ultra in stock. All had more coming in. Sounded like only 2 or 3 more of that model coming in through April.

Ended up with no freight or setup charge and a $500 certificate for goodies.

There were a good number of people in the showroom on Saturday when I finished up my order. When I asked if they were going to have enough inventory to meet demand in the spring, they just smiled and said they did not think so.

Supply and demand. Harley is building less and dealers are trying to make more while protecting the resale value.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:49 AM
2011RoadKing
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

$500 or more below msrp or i'd walk, there are lots of dealers out there that understand the way to win customers, the others can fold up and go under, fug 'em!!!!! Our country is in serious economic trouble, most Americans arent turning loose of the cash like they were a few years ago, the way I see it, times really are tough out there right now and the dealers should be greatful youre willing to buy a new bike from them.

when i bought my $18,000 t-shirt 2 months ago, they took 800 off msrp without hesitation, waived the setup b.s., and threw in a 2011 road king

Quick Reply: what did you give?