Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super trap or jackpot exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Dailydbl
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went down the same road. Once I put in the cam and BB, the V&H Ovals with true duals were too harsh and angry for the long distance touring I enjoy doing. It sounded great but the percussive staccato was just too tiring for day after day after day all day riding. I was looking for a "smoother" sound and almost went with a 2 into 1, either SuperTrapp or Pro Pipe but at the last minute decided to try the Fuel Moto Jackpots with the OE Y-pipe configuration. I just put the Jackpots on last week and after a few short rides, I am pleased with the sound and especially the "smoothness" of the sound - not harsh and staccato. Mind you, I think true duals actually have a more traditional Harley sound, but the Jackpots with the Y-pipe have a very nice low (bass) Harley rumble at idle and at cruise, make a little racket when you twist the wick, and are not tiring. I'm please with the sound and am looking forward to taking a long (3,000 mi) trip with them. As always, Jamie and the crew and Fuel Moto were great to work with. I guess I need to update my sig.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:15 AM
8glide
6th Gear

Wow, thanks for all the info guys! I didn't realize that the SuperTrapp SE pipes came with discs for tuning so I will have to look into that. Does anyone know if you are provided enough discs for the tuning or do you have to buy extras? I am happy to hear that the SuperTrapp and the Jackpot exhausts still have a nice sound to them.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Solitario
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 8glide
Wow, thanks for all the info guys! I didn't realize that the SuperTrapp SE pipes came with discs for tuning so I will have to look into that. Does anyone know if you are provided enough discs for the tuning or do you have to buy extras? I am happy to hear that the SuperTrapp and the Jackpot exhausts still have a nice sound to them.

supertrapp SE series DONT HAVE DISK. they have a regular core like most mufflers but a little bit quieter than v&h, samsom or rineharts.

the one that have disk inside are the internal disk series and yes, they do have enought disks. the more disk you put the more power you have, remove disk and you will have low end torque. is up to you.

BTW I prefer Se series or kerker by supertrapp rather than internal disk series (just for the look). internal disk series are more like 4" mufflers while se series are like 3"

also you can choose any kind of end cap for SE series, internal disk series also has endcaps but just a few of them and the fishtails end caps for internal disk series look ugly IMO.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:29 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a 10 RG with stage 1 and the SE (super trapp) slip on, I love the sound, not too loud and not too quiet. Have not seen anybody I know with the jackpot, I did have one issue with the SE, appearently there was not enough loctite on from the factory and the baffle decided to leave while on the hwy early one morning. Took it back to HD, they replaced it immeadiately, no question asked. Now I check those 2 screws every now and then.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:01 PM
8glide
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Solitario
supertrapp SE series DONT HAVE DISK. they have a regular core like most mufflers but a little bit quieter than v&h, samsom or rineharts.

the one that have disk inside are the internal disk series and yes, they do have enought disks. the more disk you put the more power you have, remove disk and you will have low end torque. is up to you.

BTW I prefer Se series or kerker by supertrapp rather than internal disk series (just for the look). internal disk series are more like 4" mufflers while se series are like 3"

also you can choose any kind of end cap for SE series, internal disk series also has endcaps but just a few of them and the fishtails end caps for internal disk series look ugly IMO.
Thanks for clearing that up...I thought I was looking at the wrong pipes for a second. I also like the look of 3" over 4" so I now know that I will be looking at the SE series rather than the internal disk series. I know that I will be facing some power loss by going back to the stock headpipe and would be interested in hearing how much power people have lost by making the switch. My bike is currently making 92tq and 96hp and I am just looking for a ball park number of what the difference will be.